It's Christmas Eve

van the man

It's Christmas Eve and our young friends are tucked up in bed!! Are they waiting for Father Christmas?

Most of the Teenagers and Twenty Something's in the UK will be out at wild parties or going wild in the city centre getting totally pissed!

What is wrong with these RLC people, they don't know the meaning of partying!!!

Orthodox Christmas Day in Russia is January 7th.

They will most probably be working tomorrow.

This came up last year as well because people couldn't understand why they kept the decorations up for a long time after our Christmas. The trees are a western thing as far as I know.

What did you do wrong? Forget to get her a card?

We gave up on all of the hype. We get what we want all year. No presents, no tree, none of the BS. Just a simple card each, a couple of bottles of Asti and stay in the sack all day drinkin and havin fun.

I went to work for 6 hours then just when I got home my dad and step mom( she is my age) asked me to go to church with them.  I said no.  My sisters are in town for a few days.  At about 6:30  i'M going over to  my dads house for dinner.  Dinner was planned months ago when we found out my sisters would be in town.  So sometime before dinner my dad will pull me aside and treat me like a 10 year old (DOB 1955)he will tell me what, why and how I hurt her feelings and make my night a nightmare.  I live to close to my dad and her and too far from my sisters.  I think it is time to move.

I went to work for 6 hours then just when I got home my dad and step mom( she is my age) asked me to go to church with them.  I said no.  My sisters are in town for a few days.  At about 6:30  i'M going over to  my dads house for dinner.  Dinner was planned months ago when we found out my sisters would be in town.  So sometime before dinner my dad will pull me aside and treat me like a 10 year old (DOB 1955)he will tell me what, why and how I hurt her feelings and make my night a nightmare.  I live to close to my dad and her and too far from my sisters.  I think it is time to move.

I agree.  There's all kinds of platitudes that apply here:

Time to cut the cord.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Etc.

All because you said no to going to church? My opinion is, Dad and Step Mom need to get a clue. You have your own life and you make your own decisions.

After work and being at work the day before a holiday is generally a nightmare anyway, of course depending on what you do, you want to get home and just relax a bit. Not shower, get dressed up to go to church.

Tell step mom to get over it, it's not the worst thing that has or ever will happen in her life.

My mom lives about 3 miles from me and my sisters live 1000 miles away. I'll take mom over the sisters anyday. I have one that keeps asking me to drive up to her house when I'm on vacation to work on her house for her. She'll feed me and give me a bed.

Sure sis, who's going to pay for my fuel up and back at 12mpg? And I work at my contractors rate of $30/hr and all you want to do is feed me? Not me baby.

• 2 weeks later...