Nina & Kira (2020) Part #4

As for Nina's Wedding ring?  She was wearing it on the night of the 06/May/2020, as it can clearly be seen on the first of Kjeld's videos of that night, a few pages back.  So whatever happened for her to take it off is fairly recent, and quite worrying as far as I'm concerned?  Also if they've kissed and made up, as can clearly be seen here, why is she still not wearing it? 😔

• Like 5

I'm going to try and stay positive here, and say I think some might be reading a bit too much into this.  Remember, Kira went through a brief emotional breakdown some months ago.  It was finally learned that it was reaction to the hormonal pills she was taking.  It's possible this is happening again, which is why Nina appears unconcerned, and actually gives her a "pep" talk in the bedroom.  I watched the replay from 1700 on, and there is no animosity from Kira toward Nina, Kira is simply upset.  I don't know about you guys, but in my 50 years of experience with women, I know they can get emotional at the drop of a hat, over the smallest things.  Normally our Kira is stoic and resilient, but even she can break down at times, and should be allowed to.  Plus, altho I have no evidence, it could be "that special time" when Aunt Flow comes to visit, and again, in my experience, this can be a very emotional period.  So to speak.  

So give her a little break.  We're watching normal life play out here, not a show.  Things will return to normal in due time.  And as far as sorting their problems out once and for all?  Never gonna happen.  Do any of you know ANY couple who has ever sorted their problems out once and for all?  Life, especially with the one you love the most, is never going to be unicorns and rainbows, ever.  The beautiful thing is that when one goes down, the other can pick them up.  Such is the case with our heroines.  😇 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yep!  You're right!  Maybe reading too much into it.  Like you say, no real animosity is visible in their actions, I just hate to see her so sad.  I'll try to be more positive in future.

Not the wrong time of the month, that was a week ago.  Agreed, problems with most couples who live together continuously pop up, and then get resolved.

Thanks for my pep talk.   Much needed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Here in America, today is Mother's Day, a day which we celebrate and honor our mothers or otherwise family matriarchs for bringing us into this world and putting up with our shit.  Hardest job in the world, in my opinion.  Alas, my mother has long since passed on, but I still put flowers on her grave today.  I wonder though, do they celebrate such a day in Russia?  Probably, but not on the same day, the Russians tend to celebrate most holidays about a week after America (Christmas, Easter, etc).  But maybe this is part of the reason for Kira being upset.  She can't be with her mother, like Nina got to be on Papa's birthday.  I don't know, anything is possible.  

Anyway, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you mother truckers out there!  😁 

• Like 5

Mother's Day is held in Denmark on the second Sunday in May. The day was invented in the United States in 1872 by American writer and women's suffrage advocate Julia Ward Howe (1819-1910). Originally, the idea was that the day should also be a day of peace. Anna Jarvis (1864-1948) became widely known for the day, initially to honor her own mother (the mother Anna Marie Reeves Jarvis worked, among other things, to improve sanitary conditions and reduce child mortality), but eventually also to generally honor all mothers work. She was introduced to the day to be held on the second Sunday in May, and the practice quickly spread. The day has been celebrated as an official holiday in the United States since 1914.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

Thanks for my pep talk.   Much needed.

Wasn't directed toward you specifically, my friend, just the group here in general.  EVERYbody freaks out (even me) when we see Kira upset.  It's like something must be seriously wrong in the Universe.  And some might misinterpret Nina "shouting" at Kira, but that's just how Nina is when she is trying to make a point - she is loud and aggressive.  Kira knows this and is used to it.  It's like the joke we have here in America - to properly speak German, you have to sound angry!  ACHTUNG!  SCHNELL!  (apologies to my Deutsch freunds LOL).  I have gotten used to it over the years, and realize Nina isn't being a bitch, that's just how she debates (I for one would not like to debate her on a stage over any topic LOL).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bigmac18 said:

Hi Sturm! happy to be able to reply again to one of your posts!

Now... The sink.

It seems located in one of the two 'wet' corners of the apartment. The sink is adjacent to the toilet at the other side of the wall. That makes piping easier and cheaper since the central piping of the high-rise builing they live in is located in the wall there. Must be something like that. 

Welcome back, sir!  Glad that it was me who brought you out of the shadows LOL!  

And of course it would be you, with your specific set of expert credentials, to explain what should have been obvious to me!  However, I still say they could've removed the slide-out spice drawer to the left of the range and given at least an extra 4 to 5 inches to the right of the sink.  I dunno, I just don't like a cramped sink space.  Not that I'm going to move into a Russian apartment anytime soon.  Well... with one exception 😁 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kjeld Carlsen said:

The day was invented in the United States in 1872 by American writer and women's suffrage advocate Julia Ward Howe (1819-1910).

Do you know why we have a Father's Day?

About 30 days after Mother's Day, a father said, "Hey, wait a minute, here..." :angel: 🤣

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

I'm going to try and stay positive here, and say I think some might be reading a bit too much into this.  Remember, Kira went through a brief emotional breakdown some months ago.  It was finally learned that it was reaction to the hormonal pills she was taking.  It's possible this is happening again, which is why Nina appears unconcerned, and actually gives her a "pep" talk in the bedroom.  I watched the replay from 1700 on, and there is no animosity from Kira toward Nina, Kira is simply upset.  I don't know about you guys, but in my 50 years of experience with women, I know they can get emotional at the drop of a hat, over the smallest things.  Normally our Kira is stoic and resilient, but even she can break down at times, and should be allowed to.  Plus, altho I have no evidence, it could be "that special time" when Aunt Flow comes to visit, and again, in my experience, this can be a very emotional period.  So to speak.  

So give her a little break.  We're watching normal life play out here, not a show.  Things will return to normal in due time.  And as far as sorting their problems out once and for all?  Never gonna happen.  Do any of you know ANY couple who has ever sorted their problems out once and for all?  Life, especially with the one you love the most, is never going to be unicorns and rainbows, ever.  The beautiful thing is that when one goes down, the other can pick them up.  Such is the case with our heroines.  😇 

Sturm you talk a lot of sense, ihave to agree with you