Nina & Kira (2020) Part #4

2 hours ago, bigmac18 said:

It is strange since the rest of the kitchen and the apartment doesn't look as cheap-ass as the sink. The sink is cramped indeed. Washing dishes seems awkward when one is right-handed. Elbow-misery 🙂

The sink business may be just cultural in Russia.  The thing that always seems strange to me is the locations of the washing machines.  Either kitchen or bathroom.  And that ties in nicely to the "wet corner" theory,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nina and Kira printed a ton of pictures and made albums which were wrapped in brown paper and Kira left (I suspect with them as gifts, possibly going to see relatives)

Nina is having DOE over as a friend, and if you think Kira doesn't know then you don't know the girls at all, Nina would never hide that from her (and that would be very stupid since we are all sure they check this feed on occasion).

So, let the girl have her lovely visit  so that she's not alone while her wife is away, and patiently (or impatiently 😉  ) wait for Kira's return :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, hs6127 said:

The sink business may be just cultural in Russia.  The thing that always seems strange to me is the locations of the washing machines.  Either kitchen or bathroom.  And that ties in nicely to the "wet corner" theory,

Indeed, and also the lack of clothes dryers and the prevalence of the "drying racks" that nearly everyone has in their apts was what struck me the most odd at first.  In America we have a washer and a dryer.  Some here use drying racks for wool sweaters or shrink-prone clothing, and even I use the traditional outside clothes line from time to time for large linens like bed spreads and such, but for the most part, the clothes dryer is an essential component.  But in Euro it doesn't seem so - N&K dry everything - shirts, pants, socks, underwear - on those racks, unless they have a dryer somewhere I haven't seen.  Energy efficient of course, but tedious.  The only dryer I have ever seen was at Eva & Sam's apt back at RLC, they had one of those stackables, washer on top, dryer on the bottom, of course, in their cramped bathroom.  If I had to rely on drying racks to dry my heavy duty Carhartt work clothes, I'd  have to drive nekkid some days.  Nobody wants that.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scorpioben said:

Nina and Kira printed a ton of pictures and made albums which were wrapped in brown paper and Kira left (I suspect with them as gifts, possibly going to see relatives)

Nina is having DOE over as a friend, and if you think Kira doesn't know then you don't know the girls at all, Nina would never hide that from her (and that would be very stupid since we are all sure they check this feed on occasion).

So, let the girl have her lovely visit  so that she's not alone while her wife is away, and patiently (or impatiently 😉  ) wait for Kira's return 🙂

Thank you.  

• Like 3