Juke Box Split #7

6 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I can say that because they are overlooked. Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, even Madonna get way too much press.

Few music groups can be said to have changed the methods and structure of pop music, and this group included the Stones.

Christmas? Line up for the new Beatles album at the record store. New Years? Line up for the new Stones album at the record store.

We older folks remember such things. Now, where's that old 4-track tape player I stored in the garage?

I have all the Beatles LP's(vinyl) stored in my attic unfortunately too scratched due to teenage misuse to be playable now.

4 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Can any modern day artists, including ones from the last 20 years, be in a position where an album they made FIFTY years ago, will go to number one again in the charts? Of course not, but that's what happened with Abbey Road, #1 in 1969 and #1 in 2019. In fact i will say since the 90's there has been only 1 band who genuinely changed things, including affecting people's lives and how those around them make music by immediate influence. Nirvana.

Watch out there regarding Nirvana. And oh, Jeopardy. And Madonna. And Michael Jackson.

I'm a really big fan of Weird Al.  :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Can any modern day artists, including ones from the last 20 years, be in a position where an album they made FIFTY years ago, will go to number one again in the charts? Of course not, but that's what happened with Abbey Road, #1 in 1969 and #1 in 2019. In fact i will say since the 90's there has been only 1 band who genuinely changed things, including affecting people's lives and how those around them make music by immediate influence. Nirvana.

Their "unplugged" session is particularly memorable.

• Like 1

Guest Slipper Guyquad
1 minute ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Watch out there regarding Nirvana. And oh, Jeopardy. And Madonna. And Michael Jackson.

I'm a really big fan of Weird Al.  :biggrin:

Apparently they loved Smells Like Nirvana! The fact he had honoured them in song.

2 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Apparently they loved Smells Like Nirvana! The fact he had honoured them in song.

Go ahead and link to your favorite Nirvana song. We're here to share music, afterall.

And we jailbroke the juke box here in our Old Dude's saloon. You don't need to put in a dime anymore. Roll it. 

• Like 1

OK, so we're on a roll here. That's cool.

Some music experts credit this band with ushering in the "heavy metal" sound. But they specialized in American blues and English ballads.

For my Brit buddies, here's a traditional fun song for blokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_txpe6Ie2Nk

• Like 1

Guest Slipper Guyquad
Just now, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

OK, so we're on a roll here. That's cool.

Some music experts credit this band with ushering in the "heavy metal" sound. But they specialized in American blues and English ballads.

For my Brit buddies, here's a traditional fun song for blokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_txpe6Ie2Nk

Don't EVER let Ginger hear that! Well, too late now! 😆 He HATED it.

He once said "We gave birth to Heavy Metal? It should have been aborted"