Juke Box Split #7

6 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

ZZ Top trivia:Frank Beard is the only one of the trio without a beard.Just saying.😏👍

They also sold more keyrings than albums, and they sold shitloads of albums

• Like 1

Guest Slipper Guyquad

Back to Winwood again! ⬆️

This is a good story. Apparently, Cohen and Iggy Pop were good friends at one point. They were sat chatting one day and saw in the lonely hearts column a woman asking to meet a man "With the body of Iggy and the brain of Leonard", so they decided to arrange to meet her, and both would turn up together, to 'Blow her mind!'.

Iggy didn't show up, but Cohen did. A few days later, when they saw each other again, Iggy asked how it went and did he get any action. "No! When she found out i really WAS Leonard, all she wanted to do was play me these fucking awful songs she'd written".

Iggy said Cohen failed to see the funny side.

14 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Can't you hear me knocking,,,,,One of my all time favorite songs,,great choice,love the deep bass in this with my sub woofers going.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Good choice!!

I like my steaks well done,,and i like my music rare,,,hahaha But anything you find from Jimi Hendrix is rare because of the short time he graced us with his psychotically intoxicating guitar playing and his hypnotic performances on stage,what ever you find just isn't enough. So having said that,, i leave you with this,,he makes the guitar sing and he himself becomes one with his guitar. 

2 minutes ago, RAGNAR said:

I like my steaks well done,,and i like my music rare,,,hahaha But anything you find from Jimi Hendrix is rare because of the short time he graced us with his psychotically intoxicating guitar playing and his hypnotic performances on stage,what ever you find just isn't enough. So having said that,, i leave you with this,,he makes the guitar sing and he himself becomes one with his guitar. 

That'a a great choice!  One of my all time favorites!!

Guest Slipper Guyquad

Newport Pop Festival 1969.

The night before, the Experience played a pretty bad headline set (It was towards the end of their last tour). Jimi felt so bad that he turned up next afternoon to play a quickly arranged jam session, with Buddy Miles on drums. He launched into this, the most astonishing solo you'll ever hear.

Just now, Slipper Guyquad said:

Newport Pop Festival 1969.

The night before, the Experience played a pretty bad headline set (It was towards the end of their last tour). Jimi felt so bad that he turned up next afternoon to play a quickly arranged jam session, with Buddy Miles on drums. He launched into this, the most astonishing solo you'll ever hear.

WOW,,Thank you,,I have seen this,,,great stuff also.Now you see,you just strengthened my point about him and his abilities with the guitar,performances,and his way of getting things done to please his audience because he loved to play. I have been on camcaps for some time now and just ventured this way,and over to classic cars,there's a lot more to this forum than just pussy talk,keeping count of ''bates'',arguments, and speculations,,lmao I like it..Cheers to good times and good people sharing good times and good things. :cheers:

• Like 2