Juke Box Split #7

Guest Slipper Guyquad
3 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Next time I come here I think I'll post Glen Miller or Tommy Dorsey. Nothing wrong with big band swing.

Well don't forget, both Ginger and Jack were full on Jazz men, never considered themselves anything else. So they'd dig the swing!

Guest Slipper Guyquad

Particular fave of mine. Insanely valuable if a mint condition original copy appears, sold next to nothing but has been regarded for years as the best example of British Psychedelia ever made. Both sides are stunning examples of the craft. The most amazing thing is, this was the only thing they ever released.

I had not heard of Tintern Abbey, but I saw on the video a statement that they were involved with the Spencer Davis Group, which was also allied with Steve Winwood. Both Davis and Winwood are well known in the US, at least in my generation. (I have blind faith in that last assertion.:wink:)

Guest Slipper Guyquad
15 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I had not heard of Tintern Abbey, but I saw on the video a statement that they were involved with the Spencer Davis Group, which was also allied with Steve Winwood. Both Davis and Winwood are well known in the US, at least in my generation. (I have blind faith in that last assertion.:wink:)

Just read that, and i can tell you, the only connection is the management agency they were signed to - They nothing as a band to do with Spencer Davis. Don't know where he got that from! This lot were really obscure, there was loads of bands around at this time who made one or two singles to little sales figures, but were discovered years later and hailed (sometimes wrongly, sometimes quite rightly) as lost gems. 

Blind Faith - Another Clapton/Baker connection there! Speaking of SDG (after Winwood left though to form Traffic), you'll like this. A UK band making an ad for a US product (Several did, including The Who). 

16 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Just read that, and i can tell you, the only connection is the management agency they were signed to - They nothing as a band to do with Spencer Davis. Don't know where he got that from! This lot were really obscure, there was loads of bands around at this time who made one or two singles to little sales figures, but were discovered years later and hailed (sometimes wrongly, sometimes quite rightly) as lost gems. 

Blind Faith - Another Clapton/Baker connection there! Speaking of SDG (after Winwood left though to form Traffic), you'll like this. A UK band making an ad for a US product (Several did, including The Who). 

Spencer Davis supposedly does have Welch roots, but I really don't know anything about the band. But if you have an original copy of the 45 for that song, mail it to me and I send you $10 USD.

(😎 -- Cult favorite, of course. Since the band's breakup, the single "Beeside"/"Vacuum Cleaner" has been highly sought after by collectors (selling at £1000 plus), according to wikipedia.)

Guest Slipper Guyquad
Just now, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Spencer Davis supposedly does have Welch roots, but I really don't know anything about the band. But if you have an original copy of the 45 for that song, mail it to me and I send you $10 USD.

(😎 -- Cult favorite, of course. Since the band's breakup, the single "Beeside"/"Vacuum Cleaner" has been highly sought after by collectors (selling at £1000 plus), according to wikipedia.)

Yep, like rocking horse shit it is! I've seen one though, held it! Scared stiff of dropping it!

Yeah, Davis was Welsh, and sadly passed away recently.

13 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

So here's one for my friend Harley. And a few other guys here who understand the particular trade.

And George gives a great concert, too. Like super-great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-ermF-tQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOG7eTY0ks

It's funny that you bring up George because in my original post I was going to say the Stones were "bad to the bone" and elected not to because I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you would reply with George also putting on an awesome show.  It's really funny when you think about it, or at least to me it is LMAO.

13 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

It's funny that you bring up George because in my original post I was going to say the Stones were "bad to the bone" and elected not to because I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you would reply with George also putting on an awesome show.  It's really funny when you think about it, or at least to me it is LMAO.

I'm looking for an album by ZZTop that I don't like.

Post one if you can find it.

Cuz I don't think there is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae829mFAGGE

Guest Slipper Guyquad

The way i read that first, it looked as if it was a question!

Going into a record shop and saying "Hi, I'm looking for an album by ZZTop that I don't like."

Imagine the look you'd get back!😆

13 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I'm looking for an album by ZZTop that I don't like.

Post one if you can find it.

Cuz I don't think there is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae829mFAGGE

Is there an album by ZZ Top that you don't like LMAO....

Did you know that the first model that stepped out of that 1933 Ford coupe when it pulled up to the gas station was none other than Jeana Tomasino, Playboy's Playmate of the Month for November 1980?  

Did you also know that between buying and restoring that 1933 Ford coupe, Billy Gibbons' spent an estimated $250,000.00, all of which was because of his fascination with hot rods?

Did you know I've been fishing with Dusty Hill?

Kuddos to Dave 27.....Frank Beard was the only one that didn't have a beard...too funny!!