DID YOU KNOW???

Guest Squirrel

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that the last time the US Congress declared war it was one of the victors, and the US has lost every war since? Maybe we should just quit with "police actions," since they obviously don't work.

Putin and the Caliphate bring a knife to a fight. Obama brings a sternly worded letter.

And no strategy.

Obama is just a punk.

He is not the kind of guy you want sitting in the White House when you go to war.  And yet I think he wants to do something in this way to pull up his low popularity numbers and to also try to get his fellow Democrats re-elected. 

But if he does,.. I believe he will fail.  And it will only go the worse for him, and his scummy supporters. 

My last post here was supposed was supposed to have been about the Huey and how it changed the way we do battle, but the way I wrote it, it became more about the Vets than the Huey so I left the video clip out so as not to detract from them.

Now if it had been solely about the Huey, this is what you would have got:

Did you know: that the 2-blade Huey was the model that made that iconic thumping noise?  It was bad, because the enemy could hear its approach, and good because it scared the absolute shit out of them.

The 4 blade designed Huey's cut down the noise. Subsequent rotor designs have made helicopters more stealthy, but not as fun to listen to. Kinda like steam locomotives.

And I'm sure that's why Coppola used 2-bladers for the "Apocalypse Now" sound track.

I use to love hearing the sound of a train horn coming through my bedroom window at night.  In those days most houses didn't have air conditioning and we used to sleep with our windows open.

i know exactly where you are coming from...lived maybe a little more than 100 yard's from the train track's myself.

I grew up in a house in London that backed onto the railway lines that used to carry the trains heading north to places like Glasgow and Edinburgh. It must have been something to do with the shape or location of the house to the track, or maybe just the wind, because sometimes the really big steam engines used to sound louder at the front of the house than at the back. I was often amused as a kid looking out the window at the terrified look on some peoples faces who were convinced the thing was coming down the road after them.