B4 Girls & Couples On Vacation - General Topic 2021 #2 (January)

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

The surprising part is I can look out my window and still see the grass still green.  Just little spots of snow here and there that have not fully melted yet.

Same here. Winter's been weird so far, not much snow and around 0°C most of the time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, vanillajohn said:

Same here. Winter's been weird so far, not much snow and around 0°C most of the time.

That's the way I like it.   

How's that curfew working out for your area.  If things get an worse in our area they'll be enacting a curfew between 8PM and 5AM

19 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

That's the way I like it.   

How's that curfew working out for your area.  If things get an worse in our area they'll be enacting a curfew between 8PM and 5AM

That's what's going on over here since this past Saturday. It's too early to tell if it's going to lead to a positive outcome but people are hoping it'll bring good results because a lot of hospitals here are in deep trouble as they approach capacity. One of my good friends is a head nurse and she told me they did start training simulations involving the triage protocol for intensive care beds, which means they'll likely have to stop treating some patients. Nurses, GPs and surgeons are freaking out because of that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vanillajohn said:

That's what's going on over here since this past Saturday. It's too early to tell if it's going to lead to a positive outcome but people are hoping it'll bring good results because a lot of hospitals here are in deep trouble as they approach capacity. One of my good friends is a head nurse and she told me they did start training simulations involving the triage protocol for intensive care beds, which means they'll likely have to stop treating some patients. Nurses, GPs and surgeons are freaking out because of that.

Their expecting Hospitals in Ontario to reach capacity within another week the way things have been going.  I have no problem with a curfew as I do all my things in the daylight hours so it does not affect me at all.  I go as far as the corner store and back so my outings are no longer than 30 minutes at the most.

It's impossible to treat everyone.  They can usually tell which ones will make it and which ones don't.   It's sad to see but that's what happens during severe pandemics.  It will likely be May or June before the vaccine makes it to the General Public so still a little ways to go yet.  All one can do is stay safe the best way possible.

21 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Their expecting Hospitals in Ontario to reach capacity within another week the way things have been going.  I have no problem with a curfew as I do all my things in the daylight hours so it does not affect me at all.  I go as far as the corner store and back so my outings are no longer than 30 minutes at the most.

It's impossible to treat everyone.  They can usually tell which ones will make it and which ones don't.   It's sad to see but that's what happens during severe pandemics.  It will likely be May or June before the vaccine makes it to the General Public so still a little ways to go yet.  All one can do is stay safe the best way possible.

Yeah, there's a minority of dumbasses that don't care but thankfully most people here are fine with the curfew and respect the sanitary measures. It's not like there's anything to do outside after 8pm anyway since everything's closed and we can't visit anyone. The only exceptions being pharmacy stores for essential needs, or gas stations for those who work pm/graveyard shifts. People are only allowed to leave their home under very specific circumstances (health reasons, or walk the dog but within a limited distance from home).

• Upvote 1