US General Domestic Politics #3 Begins 01/25/21.

6 hours ago, happyone said:

I hate to say this, but the first 2 pages Ridge posted nothing, but golfer and O_U812 posted nothing but mostly Trump hate posts.  They are the ones carrying on this Trump hate campaign ad nauseum. And BTW--there is still a forum called Trump, all about Trump, where you all can dismember him verbally all you want.

Trump--all about Trump, Trump bashing, Trump praise, defending Trump - Worldwide Political Discussions - CamCaps.Net

then maybe (but not probably) this forum can return to non insulting posting and  conversation about US General Domestic Politics

Awwww......Are you butthurt again?  Trump's impeachment has EVERYTHING to do with US domestic  politics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

And how do they go about invoking it? I suggest you read the Fourteenth Amendment. It takes 2/3 votes of both Houses to remove or prevent someone from serving in government via the 14th Amendment. Please explain to me how the Democrats can get 2/3 support in both Houses. 

14th Amendment – Section Three

Section Three of the amendment, gave Congress the authority to bar public officials, who took an oath of allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, from holding office if they "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against the Constitution. The intent was to prevent the president from allowing former leaders of the Confederacy to regain power within the U.S. government after securing a presidential pardon. It states that a two-thirds majority vote in Congress is required to allow public officials who had engaged in rebellion to regain the rights of American citizenship and hold government or military office.

It states that: "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

And how do they go about invoking it? I suggest you read the Fourteenth Amendment. It takes 2/3 votes of both Houses to remove or prevent someone from serving in government via the 14th Amendment. Please explain to me how the Democrats can get 2/3 support in both Houses. 

AGAIN, you have not done your research.  You pull talking points out of your ass and just throw them at this thread.  You're not 2/3 as smart as you think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

More Fake News. Why are you and Democrats so afraid that Trump will run for president again? Is it because you and they know that Trump defeated Biden in the 2020 election?

still refusing to face reality i see.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Impeaching someone who is no longer in office is unconstitutional, ANTIFA snowfake. Why do you think the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is refusing to take part in this charade?

no it isn't. it has been done to others but this is the 1st time for a president.

• Upvote 2

WWW.ALTERNET.ORG

The U.S. Supreme Court has decided against hearing a case involving former President Donald Trump and the U.S. Constitution's Emoluments Clause, which prohibits a U.S. president from profiting from a foreign...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1