CamCaps Issues

What is wrong with CC?  Is it going through another update (I hope so) or is it just scheduled maintenance/backing up?  Possibly removing the last update which has seemed to make it ridiculously slow.  Whatever is happening, I hope when it's all said and done, the forum performs much much better than it has been for he last couple of weeks!!

2 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

What is wrong with CC?  Is it going through another update (I hope so) or is it just scheduled maintenance/backing up?  Possibly removing the last update which has seemed to make it ridiculously slow.  Whatever is happening, I hope when it's all said and done, the forum performs much much better than it has been for he last couple of weeks!!

Yes it's an absolute disgrace lately always takes ages to load.

3 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Last message I received from Admin he was working on it in the backend and hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

Every now and then things happen when the system gets bottlenecked down and makes the system crawl like a snail.   Sometimes issues can be resolved quickly and other times it can take a bit of time time to get it running smoothly again. It can happen to any website at anytime where things go smoothly and bang suddenly issues arise. 

If it's any consolation we do have a sister forum  xCamFan  that posters can go to for the time being.  Things are working fine over there.  It will kind of free up some of system resources and maybe Admin can work a bit better on it without it being bottlenecked as much.  

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Last message I received from Admin he was working on it in the backend and hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

Every now and then things happen when the system gets bottlenecked down and makes the system crawl like a snail.   Sometimes issues can be resolved quickly and other times it can take a bit of time time to get it running smoothly again. It can happen to any website at anytime where things go smoothly and bang suddenly issues arise. 

If it's any consolation we do have a sister forum  xCamFan  that posters can go to for the time being.  Things are working fine over there.  It will kind of free up some of system resources and maybe Admin can work a bit better on it without it being bottlenecked as much.  

Does many members use the other site if this site is down and i post there i might be on my own because i remember before hardly anyone posts there.

9 minutes ago, Daleys said:

Does many members use the other site if this site is down and i post there i might be on my own because i remember before hardly anyone posts there.

Most members are aware of the other site. It has been around for quite awhile.   It used to be reallifecamfan.com and then there was a couple of name changes and wound up as xcamfan.com.

5 hours ago, blue is the colour said:

Why is there another site?.. who runs this one? Why is it so out of date?

There has always been two websites.  CamCaps.net  & xCamFan.com  which was formarly known as reallifecamfan.com and Discussed.cc.  

Here at Cam Caps is a bit rowdier version of postings and if one does not like that style of postings then there's the lighter side of the Forums at xCamFan.  

Both websites are run by same Administrator known to most as Admin.

The Websites are not out of date they have the latest version of Forum Software. It's just that at times we run into issues and it creates issues with how the forum functions.

• 5 months later...