US General Domestic Politics #28 Begins 08/04/21.

28 minutes ago, squish said:

I don't believe Biden should have pulled US troops out of Afghanistan. If as a superpower America is not prepared to be the worlds policeman, would they prefer the CCP to take over this role? Short sighted thinking. What if Al Queda re-brigades in the Afghan vacuum then the West will have to re-conquer the same ground again.

How many more trillions of $$$ and American lives do you sacrifice for something that won't make a bit of difference?  Didn't Trump say the Taliban were defeated?  Oh, that's right....He's full of shit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Who is going to investigate or prosecute any crimes they may commit. Biden's people now run the DOJ. They know they are free to do whatever they want.:dodgy:

And they're doing it correctly and within the law, unlike the Barr/Trump debacle.  The day of reckoning for Trump is coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

So why doesn't Europe replace the U.S. troops? 

UK tried to form an alliance but European allies demurred. I think the reality is that no country or alliance can match or even attempt to replicate the extent of US logistic infrastructure or resources. To that extent I am disappointed in NATO.

There was an old joke. Alliance soldiers carry watches but the Taliban has the time.

52 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

And they're doing it correctly and within the law, unlike the Barr/Trump debacle.  The day of reckoning for Trump is coming.

Your Trump Derangement Syndrome is consuming your life.  Oops, I forgot. You don't have a life.

19 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And as a result you will be paying more for almost everything you buy. Hope you enjoy the trade off.

Doesn't bother me at all.  I get subsidized with credits to offset any increase caused from inflation.  

• Upvote 1