Leora - Home Activities #60

Slipper Guyquad

53 minutes ago, blue is the colour said:

I did a bit of detective work on members here and there had been 2 previous names of fax. I have blocked the latest incarnation.

The problem with blocking people is that it's not foolproof Blue, that's one of the things the Mod's don't grasp, they think it is the cure all remedy...it isn't.

An example of which follows and it's hypothetical.

I for example block you so therefor I should not be able to see your comments....Correct !

Greg for example does not block you and he hasn't blocked me either, he then responds to your comment which I have blocked.

Although I cannot see your original comment when it is first posted, when Gregg responds his response I can see, along with your original comment that I had personally blocked. 

So there is a very good possibility of having to read whatever shit you have posted second hand.

The Mod's as I mentioned either don't realise this, which I doubt, or just ignore the issue.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

The problem with blocking people is that it's not foolproof Blue, that's one of the things the Mod's don't grasp, they think it is the cure all remedy...it isn't.

An example of which follows and it's hypothetical.

I for example block you so therefor I should not be able to see your comments....Correct !

Greg for example does not block you and he hasn't blocked me either, he then responds to your comment which I have blocked.

Although I cannot see your original comment when it is first posted, when Gregg responds his response I can see, along with your original comment that I had personally blocked. 

So there is a very good possibility of having to read whatever shit you have posted second hand.

The Mod's as I mentioned either don't realise this, which I doubt, or just ignore the issue.

I would think they would know jimbo4, modifications to the program wouldn't be cheap. In a site where very few paid the $20 there wouldn't be the cash to fix this issue. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

we're all adults so why do you need to block 🚫 anybody, if you can't handle being in a website than you don't go to that website, I'm sure there's more stressful things in life than worrying about what a member post

Of course there are more stressful things to you and to me, but not everyone is made the same are they.

It certainly doesn't bother me, I give it back with interest and normally get a temporary ban for doing it, but hey ho while they are abusing me they are leaving some other poor sod alone.

There are of course forum rules that are there as a guideline, and if they were not adhered to there would be anarchy on the site....Wouldn't bother me but that's neither here nor there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

I would think they would know jimbo4, modifications to the program wouldn't be cheap. In a site where very few paid the $20 there wouldn't be the cash to fix this issue. 

I realise they possibly couldn't fix it and I'm not asking them to Aussie, what I was stating was that the ignore feature is not the great panacea the Mod's would have us believe.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I realise they possibly couldn't fix it and I'm not asking them to Aussie, what I was stating was that the ignore feature is not the great panacea the Mod's would have us believe.

I agree with you jimbo4.

• Like 2