Comments/Quotes for Pic & Vids Placed Here (2021) Leora, Malia #3

letsdothis

On 9/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, letsdothis said:

I just noticed that the username of the person who posted the videos is, "LIVESHOW". I guess we now know where the watermark came from.

Seems kind of stupid to put a big ass watermark on images to obscure viewing the video when all they have to do is put a small one in one of the corners.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Seems kind of stupid to put a big ass watermark on images to obscure viewing the video when all they have to do is put a small one in one of the corners.  

One on the corner could be cut out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pete1960 said:

One on the corner could be cut out

Hey, Pete. I think the point he was making is, this is not a website like hotscopes doing this. This is one of our own community members slapping his own, self-identifying watermark in the middle of a video for absolutely no reason, except to obscure the view. He doesn't own the content, so there is no need for him to add any kind of watermark, especially a self-identifying type and especially a huge one like that. If he feels the need, he can put a small one in a corner where it won't obscure our view.

LIVESHOW, this is not personal. I have nothing against you. I don't even care if you put a watermark on the videos you post. Hope did it for years. (Although, it does identify you to RLC, who can then ban you, if you are a subscriber, or block your IP, if you're not.) I just can't understand why an individual would want to put such a huge watermark in the middle of a video, when they don't need to do so. You don't own these videos, and the whole idea is not to obscure our view like these other websites do. 

JMHO. 

On 9/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, letsdothis said:

Hey, Pete. I think the point he was making is, this is not a website like hotscopes doing this. This is one of our own community members slapping his own, self-identifying watermark in the middle of a video for absolutely no reason, except to obscure the view. He doesn't own the content, so there is no need for him to add any kind of watermark, especially a self-identifying type and especially a huge one like that. If he feels the need, he can put a small one in a corner where it won't obscure our view.

LIVESHOW, this is not personal. I have nothing against you. I don't even care if you put a watermark on the videos you post. Hope did it for years. (Although, it does identify you to RLC, who can then ban you, if you are a subscriber, or block your IP, if you're not.) I just can't understand why an individual would want to put such a huge watermark in the middle of a video, when they don't need to do so. You don't own these videos, and the whole idea is not to obscure our view like these other websites do. 

JMHO. 

Doesn't make any difference whether it's personal or a website, the Hotscopes watermark is worse & obscures more (being less transparent), I don't agree with what you say, your argument is not valid, it doesn't matter that he doesn't own the content, he has gone to the trouble of recording, editing & uploading, it's not like he has found the videos somewhere & then thrown his watermark all over it, I personally don't like watermarked vids.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pete1960 said:

Doesn't make any difference whether it's personal or a website, the Hotscopes watermark is worse & obscures more (being less transparent), I don't agree with what you say, your argument is not valid, it doesn't matter that he doesn't own the content, he has gone to the trouble of recording, editing & uploading, it's not like he has found the videos somewhere & then thrown his watermark all over it, I personally don't like watermarked vids.

Hey Pete. I agree, I don't like watermarked videos, either, and it doesn't really make any difference which watermark is worse or obscures more. That's not the real issue, here. 

You may disagree with my argument, and that's perfectly fine, but that doesn't change the truth of it.

Copyright law is international and gives RLC sole and complete ownership of their content, and they are not shy to let us know about it. That is incontestable by law. It makes absolutely no difference what he or any of us does to RLC's content, they are still the sole owners of their content by law. Neither he, nor anyone else, has any right whatsoever to claim it as their own in any way, without written permission from RLC to do so. This is the reason they are allowed to have deleted any of their content illegally posted on the Internet. 

If RLC chose to prosecute, he could end up with a huge fine or even in jail. That is simply the law, and we can't change that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

If RLC chose to prosecute, he could end up with a huge fine or even in jail. That is simply the law, and we can't change that.

It's to costly for RLC to pursue the matter. It will be more trouble than what it's worth. They just stick with their DMCA Takedowns and banning anyone's membership or blocking IP addresses for violating their terms of service.  That's why we stress to use a Third Party Upload Sites then the onus is on the Hosting Site where the images were uploaded to remove the item and not on Cam Caps directly.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Hey Pete. I agree, I don't like watermarked videos, either, and it doesn't really make any difference which watermark is worse or obscures more. That's not the real issue, here. 

You may disagree with my argument, and that's perfectly fine, but that doesn't change the truth of it.

Copyright law is international and gives RLC sole and complete ownership of their content, and they are not shy to let us know about it. That is incontestable by law. It makes absolutely no difference what he or any of us does to RLC's content, they are still the sole owners of their content by law. Neither he, nor anyone else, has any right whatsoever to claim it as their own in any way, without written permission from RLC to do so. This is the reason they are allowed to have deleted any of their content illegally posted on the Internet. 

This is so pathetic to read.Why don´t you get a subsription instead to record it live,and you have no watermarks at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, masterchef56 said:

This is so pathetic to read.Why don´t you get a subsription instead to record it live,and you have no watermarks at all.

And, some people are just thoughtless. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have the luxury of expendable income to be able to afford subscriptions to sites such as RLC. For example, I am extremely lucky to be able to scrape together the $20 a year for a CamCaps sub. 

I'm sure some people on this site live on fixed budgets and can only afford the necessities. Some people here live on no income. Not everyone's situation is as good as yours apparently is. 

Then there's the other side of that coin. Even if I did have an RLC sub and recorded to my heart's content, I still couldn't post it until I no longer had an RLC sub, because I would immediately be banned and lose my sub the moment I did post something I recorded. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4