B4 - General Topic 2021 # 135 (December)

Just now, Noldus said:

We know they celebrate Christmas on January 7th - all the Russian apartments did

In Barcelona the use to have a party on the December 24/25 "for us"Β 

Which is funny since on this day most of us are celebrating with our families and by the way are far away from the PC.

9 minutes ago, yadevol said:

From the relevantΒ  sectioin

'The Orthodox Churches ofΒ Jerusalem,Β Russia,Β Serbia,Β Montenegro, Poland (from 15 June 2014),Β North Macedonia,Β Georgia,Β Ukraine, and theΒ Greek Old CalendaristsΒ and other groups continue to use the Julian calendar, thus they celebrate the Nativity on 25 DecemberΒ JulianΒ (which is 7 JanuaryΒ GregorianΒ until 2100.'

Your point is?

Β 

I guess we will need to send text messages to all B1, B2, B4 & B5 girls to know when they will celebrate their Christmas this year ? Any one knows their cell phone numbers ?

13 minutes ago, badboylovesgirls said:

I guess we will need to send text messages to all B1, B2, B4 & B5 girls to know when they will celebrate their Christmas this year ? Any one knows their cell phone numbers ?

While we wait for the phone numbers, which calendar most of the world uses now ? Gregorian ?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, badboylovesgirls said:

While we wait for the phone numbers, which calendar most of the world uses now ? Gregorian ?

Just to confuse you a little more, we celebrate Christmas on December 24th and not the 25th. πŸ™‚Β 

Just now, Noldus said:

Just to confuse you a little more, we celebrate Christmas on December 24th and not the 25th. πŸ™‚Β 

You know that if Santa is going to make it around the globe, he has to start early in one place πŸ™‚Β 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, yadevol said:

From the relevantΒ  sectioin

'The Orthodox Churches ofΒ Jerusalem,Β Russia,Β Serbia,Β Montenegro, Poland (from 15 June 2014),Β North Macedonia,Β Georgia,Β Ukraine, and theΒ Greek Old CalendaristsΒ and other groups continue to use the Julian calendar, thus they celebrate the Nativity on 25 DecemberΒ JulianΒ (which is 7 JanuaryΒ GregorianΒ until 2100.'

Your point is?

Β 

The Russian Orthodox Church ( I think the Serbian also ) is considered β€œ old calendars β€œ , that’s why they celebrate with 13 days difference … The current calendar that we use is called β€œ Gregorian calendar β€œ and the β€œ old calendar β€œ is the Julian Calendar .

Β 

For Greece , the division between Gregorian Calendar Β and Julian Calendar started in 1924 , then the β€œ Original Orthodox β€œ didn’t accept the change because they considered that the Greek Orthodox Church was submitting to the Pope and the Catholic Church and they are currently a really small minority in Greece .Β 
Β 

I don’t know the reasons why Russian Orthodox Church has kept the Julian calendar and that’s why they celebrate Β on the 7th January instead of the 25th December Β .

1 minute ago, ddhm said:

The Russian Orthodox Church ( I think the Serbian also ) is considered β€œ old calendars β€œ , that’s why they celebrate with 13 days difference … The current calendar that we use is called β€œ Gregorian calendar β€œ and the β€œ old calendar β€œ is the Julian Calendar .

Β 

For Greece , the division between Gregorian Calendar Β and Julian Calendar started in 1924 , then the β€œ Original Orthodox β€œ didn’t accept the change because they considered that the Greek Orthodox Church was submitting to the Pope and the Catholic Church and they are currently a really small minority in Greece .Β 
Β 

I don’t know the reasons why Russian Orthodox Church has kept the Julian calendar and that’s why they celibate on the 7th January instead of the 25th .

IIRC is the same reason.

14 minutes ago, Noldus said:

This is the Catholic Church that they celebrate the Christmas Eve as Christmas πŸ˜†πŸ˜› We celebrate nothing on the 24th and all major celebrations happen exactly on the 25th 😏

3 minutes ago, ddhm said:

This is the Catholic Church that they celebrate the Christmas Eve as Christmas πŸ˜†πŸ˜› We celebrate nothing on the 24th and all major celebrations happen exactly on the 25th 😏

Β Some places changes by family traditions. In my family we start the celebrations on 24th but the dinner is served almost mid night and the gift exchanges on 25th