Leora - Home Activities (2022) #55

1 minute ago, Max Ragnar said:

Cigarettes = COPD

I quit 40 years ago and still got COPD from them

That's my only bad habit I have left.  Been smoking for 50 years. Tried quitting a few times but not successful yet.

Just now, StnCld316 said:

That's my only bad habit I have left.  Been smoking for 50 years. Tried quitting a few times but not successful yet.

Keep trying.  You will be far better off quitting even now.

A great way is to keep a full ashtray handy.  Then every time you want a smoke smell that ashtray. It will gag a maggot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

FYI.  I quit drinking a week ago last Tuesday. That is huge. I'll probably be a much better forum member in the future because of it..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Max Ragnar said:

Keep trying.  You will be far better off quitting even now.

A great way is to keep a full ashtray handy.  Then every time you want a smoke smell that ashtray. It will gag a maggot.

I'll be successful at it someday.  Just have to find something that keeps me away from the apartment.  I never take them outside the apartment as everywhere one goes smoking has been prohibited.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Max Ragnar said:

FYI.  I quit drinking a week ago last Tuesday. That is huge. I'll probably be a much better forum member in the future because of it..

Drinking I had no problem getting away from that.  I quit drinking in July 1995 and have been sober ever since. Prior to that I was a full blown alcoholic for 20 years. First 6 months was rough with cold sweats and shakes but I mananged to get through it.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Drinking I had no problem getting away from that.  I quit drinking in July 1995 and have been sober ever since. Prior to that I was a full blown alcoholic for 20 years. First 6 months was rough with cold sweats and shakes but I mananged to get through it.  

Commendable. And you stuck with it. Smoking was harder. First 3 days are tough but what's 3 days in the rest of your life.

• Upvote 4