For the literary minded..

woodworker

I had a chance once to shoot a skunk with a twelve gauge shotgun that was no more than ten feet away from me.  His ass was aimed squarely at me.  But I just couldn't bring myself to shoot, and neither could he, so after a few moments he let down his tail and we both walked away the better for it.

As laughable as that story may seem, it is actually true. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance once to shoot a skunk with a twelve gauge shotgun that was no more than ten feet away from me.  His ass was aimed squarely at me.  But I just couldn't bring myself to shoot, and neither could he, so after a few moments he let down his tail and we both walked away the better for it.

As laughable as that story may seem, it is actually true.

Good thing you didn't pull the trigger. lol      :o

See Pepe',  See how deep our friendship goes.  I had the drop on him, but he seemed like such a nice fucking skunk, and well, you know the rest.

It was close though.   

Now had he been a liberal skunk, there would have been chunks of him scattered all about the place.

I take you speak "Skunk" Mr. Woodworker? How else would you know he was a Liberal?

Either way, you came out on the plus side. You rolled the dice and won. Had you shot, you would surely have been subjected to the scent. Not shooting was almost like calling each others bluff.

You both came out winners. Not too many chances of that happening in the real world of humans.

You know that thought actually went through my head while we were having this little show down between us.  But that's not the reason why I didn't pull the trigger.  And I don't know why he didn't spray me, but if he had,.. BANG!

see even skunk's know when to and not to pull the trigger.he was a smart furry tailed critter.like tbg said

he probably was thinking the same thing...but he saw you had a 12 gauge and all he had was a squirt gun.  ;D  :o