Are we headed for a 3rd world war?

hollywoodmogul21

What are your thoughts and opinions?

A  World War III would end life on this planet as we know it !  We are not in the times of the Crusades or even World War I or II  !!  Too many countries now have Nuclear weapons and the fanatics

will not hesitate to use them if they believe they are losing a conventional war. Russia alone can unleash

enough ICBM's on us and our allies to either destroy us or poison the planet  !! I believe that if there is a

World War III,  it will be a cyber attack on our infrastructure and that would be the end of the USA  ! With

no power, water or transportation, we would all die from lack of food, fuel or medicines.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean most people would die because of that.  Some of us out in Hicksville already have the means to live most of our lives without this stuff.  Ya it is nice and we use it, but we don't necessarily have to have it.  The problem would be when those city folk come out to get away from the death and destruction that would happen if we lost technology.  People would be fleeing cities to get away from those in inner cities who gravel at the chance to kill and riot about everything.  look what happened in New Orleans after Katrina.  I saw first hand as I was called to state active duty to provide security there after Katrina hit.  that was one storm and one city.  Imagine if it was every major city in the U.S. or even the world.  Those who live by the land would only have a problem with these folks coming out into the boondocks.  I myself grow most of my food and hunt my meat already.  Nuclear holocaust would be the only thing that would stop my family from living.  Of course, I would probably be called up to control riots and such but that comes with signing the dotted line.  Now we are already into the book of revelations so I guess it doesn't matter much we will all meet our creator soon.

Thanks to the Democrats and their liberal lunacy, along with the public school system and the liberal media over the past fifty or sixty years, we are just not the same kind of people that we once were back before they managed to get such a strangle hold over this country.

So, unfortunately, we may never have the same kind of courage, or character, or fortitude that we once had in previous generations in order to do what is truly necessary to ever save this country from this very real threat. 

Freedom is not free!  You either deserve to live as a free people or you don't.

It's as simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...

We probably are, whether in the Middle East again, on the home front when the revolutions start, or trying to save Europe.......again, and Australia will be there...........again, where ever it is.

What pisses me off is the short memory many people have, in fact many countries have, to the contribution Australia has made in many conflicts around the world.

When WW1 was declared, Australia had a population of less than 5 million, yet over 400,000 volunteered to join the Australian Imperial Forces (AIF). In proportion to other countries, Australia's casualty rate was almost 65 per cent—the highest in the British Empire. One of the reasons for this was that Australians were exposed to the front line in massive numbers. During the course of the war, almost 60,000 Australians died after sustaining injuries or illness. Most of these deaths (45,000) were on the Western Front. A further 124,000 were wounded (sometimes multiple times) and as a result, these men endured years of ill health, disfigurement or disability.

Probably the most striking feature about the landscape of the Western Front, around northern France and Belgium is the sheer number of cemeteries that exist as well as their size, over 500 in total.  It is a very sobering experience to stop and contemplate the carnage that took place in these fields and how many young Australians never returned.

The VC Corner Cemetery in Fromelles, France is unique amongst cemeteries of the region because it has no gravestones and contains only Australians. On the wall at the rear are the names of 1,299 Australians who died in the battle and have no known grave. The unidentified bodies of 410 are buried in the lawns, each marked by a rose bush. The cemetery was situated in no-man's land between the Australian and German lines in 1916.

The inscription on the screen wall reads:

"In honour of the 410 unknown Australian soldiers here buried, who were among the 1,299 Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Men of the Australian Imperial Force, killed in the Attack on Fromelles, July 19th and 20th, 1916."

Losses for the region:

Australian = 5,533 killed or wounded, 400 prisoners

British = 1,547 killed or wounded

Germans = 1,500 killed or wounded

VC_Corner_Cemetry_Fromelles_1.jpg

How many thousands and thousands of American, Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand soldiers who died in battles to save Europe are buried in graves all over the region?

We probably are, whether in the Middle East again, on the home front when the revolutions start, or trying to save Europe.......again, and Australia will be there...........again, where ever it is.

What pisses me off is the short memory many people have, in fact many countries have, to the contribution Australia has made in many conflicts around the world.

When WW1 was declared, Australia had a population of less than 5 million, yet over 400,000 volunteered to join the Australian Imperial Forces (AIF). In proportion to other countries, Australia's casualty rate was almost 65 per cent—the highest in the British Empire. One of the reasons for this was that Australians were exposed to the front line in massive numbers. During the course of the war, almost 60,000 Australians died after sustaining injuries or illness. Most of these deaths (45,000) were on the Western Front. A further 124,000 were wounded (sometimes multiple times) and as a result, these men endured years of ill health, disfigurement or disability.

Probably the most striking feature about the landscape of the Western Front, around northern France and Belgium is the sheer number of cemeteries that exist as well as their size, over 500 in total.  It is a very sobering experience to stop and contemplate the carnage that took place in these fields and how many young Australians never returned.

The VC Corner Cemetery in Fromelles, France is unique amongst cemeteries of the region because it has no gravestones and contains only Australians. On the wall at the rear are the names of 1,299 Australians who died in the battle and have no known grave. The unidentified bodies of 410 are buried in the lawns, each marked by a rose bush. The cemetery was situated in no-man's land between the Australian and German lines in 1916.

The inscription on the screen wall reads:

"In honour of the 410 unknown Australian soldiers here buried, who were among the 1,299 Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Men of the Australian Imperial Force, killed in the Attack on Fromelles, July 19th and 20th, 1916."

Losses for the region:

Australian = 5,533 killed or wounded, 400 prisoners

British = 1,547 killed or wounded

Germans = 1,500 killed or wounded

VC_Corner_Cemetry_Fromelles_1.jpg

How many thousands and thousands of American, Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand soldiers who died in battles to save Europe are buried in graves all over the region?

Next time the Europeans can save their own ass. If they haven't learned anything from the last war they never will.

Next time the Europeans can save their own ass. If they haven't learned anything from the last war they never will.

I agree 100%.

And I think Americans should learn from their past wars, too. For Americans, here is the lesson they should have learned:

1) Congress should have the balls to Declare WAR. (Not police actions.)

2) The Executive Branch should have the balls to destroy the enemy immediately. (Wimpy presidents are a danger to the world.)

3) The Armed services have the courage and the skills. Let 'em do their fucking job for a change.

I agree 100%.

And I think Americans should learn from their past wars, too. For Americans, here is the lesson they should have learned:

1) Congress should have the balls to Declare WAR. (Not police actions.)

2) The Executive Branch should have the balls to destroy the enemy immediately. (Wimpy presidents are a danger to the world.)

3) The Armed services have the courage and the skills. Let 'em do their fucking job for a change.

In the long run, all this is good.  This is the Jimmy Carter like preamble in front of the Ronald Reagan like return-to-greatness under the next administration.  It's good to shake out the assholes and fellow travelers.  The economic boom that will follow Monkey's departure will be, I predict, almost as great as the one we experienced after WWII.  Military build-up is best accomplished once one has dumped all the over-priced lobbied-for contractors and send everything out for R&D and competitive bids.  New stuff, better stuff.  That's one reason I think we ought to take all of the old-stock munitions (of every sort) and just willy-nilly drop it on ISIS.  Cheaper than storing it in Nevada, that's for sure.  Just keep dropping it and dropping it until nothing out there casts a shadow.  Then, in a couple of years, we can crank up the nation's manufacturing and energy sectors and rebuild.  But it's good to shed the dead wood (from both parties) and begin anew.  But then again, I might be wrong.

Smart people sometimes let their adversary dictate the rules of engagement.  The Brits came to that conclusion during the War for American Independence.  New methods to confront the other side's methods, in kind.  The argument, "well, uh, then, like, aren't you just the same as them?" is bullshit.  Fire with fire and see how that works out.  Korea, Vietnam, Middle East -- their rules of engagement were designed to win.  Our rules of engagement were designed to appease and look good. 

Obama drops tons on empty buildings in the middle of the night just like LBJ dropped tons on empty rice paddies.  Pussy-minded Presidents. 

No, if not worrying about innocents is the order of the day over there, stop the surgical strikes and line up the MOABs from Mosul to Aleppo.  Light 'em up.  And, as I've said before, we can warm our hands by the flag-burning fires out on the lawn.