B2 - General Topic 2023 #11 (July / August)

Noldus

1 hour ago, HotWivesRock said:

A flight to MK would hardly be expensive from Barce...

I thought dd was meaning she could make money there at this time of year but that would suggest something I don't believe she would need to do.

You are right about the price, because I did find reasonably priced economy RTs for flights next Wed, returning Sunday a week.  However total flight each way is 7.5-8 hours, because of a connection, and the flights depart ungodly hours.

But they're young!!!

I remember Tweety giving a video tour to Radi and others of her quarantine hotel in Abu Dhabi and the room was tres cher .  IMO, another trip sponsored (underwritten) by others.  I think that was the trip where she returned via Paris, and with shopping bags from the Faubourg Saint-Honore.

39 minutes ago, moules said:

You are right about the price, because I did find reasonably priced economy RTs for flights next Wed, returning Sunday a week.  However total flight each way is 7.5-8 hours, because of a connection, and the flights depart ungodly hours.

But they're young!!!

I remember Tweety giving a video tour to Radi and others of her quarantine hotel in Abu Dhabi and the room was tres cher .  IMO, another trip sponsored (underwritten) by others.  I think that was the trip where she returned via Paris, and with shopping bags from the Faubourg Saint-Honore.

Manchester UK to Mykonos direct today for £120.00 

No direct flights from Barcelona, Girona or Malaga.  I guess the Spanish don't go to Greece.

That said I'm not sure Skyscanner does a very good job of checking charter flights.

51 minutes ago, HotWivesRock said:

Manchester UK to Mykonos direct today for £120.00 

No direct flights from Barcelona, Girona or Malaga.  I guess the Spanish don't go to Greece.

That said I'm not sure Skyscanner does a very good job of checking charter flights.

There are many ways to go to Mykonos , it might sometimes helps and being faster/cheaper  going to Athens and then with the ship to Mykonos ( like this you get to see Athens for 1-2 days ) or you can also go to Santorini and then with a ship to Mykonos .. the Cyclades islands ( were Mykonos is situated ) is usually combined so as to make a small island hoping , staying in Mykonos at this period is really expensive .. as mentioned , for sure loads of options to make it cheaper but the accommodation will be some really low AirBnb places for some nights or if expensive , it is then really booked early .. but then the cost of life is really ridiculous , which is what makes Mykonos a “ forbidden “ destination .. lots of details can be told for this place ( especially that I work for the tourism field and I know really many details of how things work there plus 2 of the  friends I am going on holidays in the winter work there ) , let’s say that if you know people , it can be fine , otherwise , it is a pocket rip off. 

7 hours ago, ddhm said:

There are many ways to go to Mykonos , it might sometimes helps and being faster/cheaper  going to Athens and then with the ship to Mykonos ( like this you get to see Athens for 1-2 days ) or you can also go to Santorini and then with a ship to Mykonos .. the Cyclades islands ( were Mykonos is situated ) is usually combined so as to make a small island hoping , staying in Mykonos at this period is really expensive .. as mentioned , for sure loads of options to make it cheaper but the accommodation will be some really low AirBnb places for some nights or if expensive , it is then really booked early .. but then the cost of life is really ridiculous , which is what makes Mykonos a “ forbidden “ destination .. lots of details can be told for this place ( especially that I work for the tourism field and I know really many details of how things work there plus 2 of the  friends I am going on holidays in the winter work there ) , let’s say that if you know people , it can be fine , otherwise , it is a pocket rip off. 

I'm bright enough to realise that via Athens is the most obvious route and of course the islands have great ferry links, it's just not as quick as flying direct which you can do from probably 5 UK airports, admittedly only in summer.

I know MK is the hot place in Greece to be in summer for the good looking people, does it still attract a large LBGTQ crowd?