Leora & Paul - Home Activities (2023) #34

Pete1960

2 minutes ago, scutus said:

Max !!!   I did not make the post that included they do not use public transportation  . You did !! In my opinion there is no way that you can honestly make that statement. Unless you have personally visualized them never doing it.

I can only evaluate what you have posted by the words that you have used. Basing the meaning of the words on what I learned in schools. As defined by the likes of Noah Webster. 

If your interpretation of the words you use is different from Noah Webster's, then please explain their usage as you apply them.  Thank you !!

Go back and reread what I wrote in two different posts.

I said: "They don't even use public transportation to see and do what they could if they wanted to. So much to see in Europe and so easy to access it. They never do, not even on occasion." and "Walking or using a bus in Prague isn't traveling or vacationing."

They either walk or use public transportation. They don't travel/vacation when its so available in Europe.

You used part of a comment I made, and stand by, out of the context to try and make it say what I didn't mean in context.

They don't have a car but don't even even use public transportation(beyond locally) to travel away from Prague.

Argue now with that.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Max Ragnar said:

Go back and reread what I wrote in two different posts.

I said: "They don't even use public transportation to see and do what they could if they wanted to. So much to see in Europe and so easy to access it. They never do, not even on occasion." and "Walking or using a bus in Prague isn't traveling or vacationing."

They either walk or use public transportation. They don't travel/vacation when its so available in Europe.

You used part of a comment I made, and stand by, out of the context to try and make it say what I didn't mean in context.

They don't have a car but don't even even use public transportation(beyond locally) to travel away from Prague.

Argue now with that.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

I will end this by asking you How Do You Know without a doubt that they DO NOT as you have once more, underlining it, posted that they do not even use public transportation ???  IS NOT USING A BUS, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION ????? 

Cambridge dictionary definition of "public transportation" . " a system of vehicles such as buses and trains that operate at regular times on fixed routes and are used by the public"

I rest my case. Simply because there is absolutely no way that you can, I repeat:  know what they do outside of the apartment without you physically watching them, or trolling them. 

Plus it is totally futile to discuss with a person who writes in English, but has his own interpretation of the words. 

I dare say that Leora and Paul have seen a lot of the beautiful places that Prague has to offer by using Prague's very convenient Public Transportation system !

Many posts are made complaining about the absence of Leora and Paul from the apartment, and being gone too long. Perhaps it is because they are Walking to see the sights that are spread over the, 192 square miles, 496 square kilometers, of the city of Prague.

Have a good day !!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, scutus said:

I will end this by asking you How Do You Know without a doubt that they DO NOT as you have once more, underlining it, posted that they do not even use public transportation ???  IS NOT USING A BUS, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION ????? 

Cambridge dictionary definition of "public transportation" . " a system of vehicles such as buses and trains that operate at regular times on fixed routes and are used by the public"

I rest my case. Simply because there is absolutely no way that you can, I repeat:  know what they do outside of the apartment without you physically watching them, or trolling them. 

Plus it is totally futile to discuss with a person who writes in English, but has his own interpretation of the words. 

I dare say that Leora and Paul have seen a lot of the beautiful places that Prague has to offer by using Prague's very convenient Public Transportation system !

Many posts are made complaining about the absence of Leora and Paul from the apartment, and being gone too long. Perhaps it is because they are Walking to see the sights that are spread over the, 192 square miles, 496 square kilometers, of the city of Prague.

Have a good day !!

Cripe sakes.  Is English your first language?  You are not only misquoting me you are you apparently don't get what I said.

Re read my two posts above. I said as they didn't have a car nevertheless nothing precluded them from traveling outside of Prague as public transportation was there for their using but they didn't use it to travel abroad. They must use it in town, or walk. Paul has a skateboard...

Prague has a great public transport system they must use, a big city, but so what? To live in Prague like hermits and never set foot out of it is pretty strange for two young adults without kids to not go places (outside their town).

They could hop on a train and zip to Swirzerland, France, German, even England via the Chunnel. Paul lived there and speaks perfect English. Why not go while you're young and not tied down with kids?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1