#7 What do you drive?

SPYING 1

32 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

Is this suv worth that much money 💰 

Personally, I say no. But, I remember reading a story about these that rated them above and beyond all the rest. Pick on Toyota as you will, but they are damned reliable vehicles. 

When I was a kid, maybe 16 or 17, I worked in a gas station beginning to be a paid mechanic. A customer came in with a blown Toyota engine. He ran it hot and being aluminum, he warped the head and block pretty good. He gave me the car. I found another like model, pull the engine and transplanted it. It was like someone gave me a new car. I didn't care that it was a Toyota. Free is free when you're that age. 

I drove it for a few years and sold it for much more than I had in it and bought my first Cadillac. It was a triple while 1969 Sedan deVille with 39k on the clock. Man...you want to talk about a drive-in movie car! There was enough room in the back for a 3some with room to spare.

43 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Personally, I say no. But, I remember reading a story about these that rated them above and beyond all the rest. Pick on Toyota as you will, but they are damned reliable vehicles. 

When I was a kid, maybe 16 or 17, I worked in a gas station beginning to be a paid mechanic. A customer came in with a blown Toyota engine. He ran it hot and being aluminum, he warped the head and block pretty good. He gave me the car. I found another like model, pull the engine and transplanted it. It was like someone gave me a new car. I didn't care that it was a Toyota. Free is free when you're that age. 

I drove it for a few years and sold it for much more than I had in it and bought my first Cadillac. It was a triple while 1969 Sedan deVille with 39k on the clock. Man...you want to talk about a drive-in movie car! There was enough room in the back for a 3some with room to spare.

That toyota Sold for $167,500 on 1/10/24