#7 What do you drive?

SPYING 1

49 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

if you think this was sad, someone spent millions of dollars on Babe Ruth's rookie card.

Many years when I was a child we used to take all the baseball & hockey cards and put them on the bicycles with a clothes pin to flap on the spokes. I likely ruined a few rookie cards in the younger days.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Many years when I was a child we used to take all the baseball & hockey cards and put them on the bicycles with a clothes pin to flap on the spokes. I likely ruined a few rookie cards in the younger days.  

I did the same thing. The cards that would come with a slab of bubble gum in the package were thicker cards and made more noise. To us, it was the equivalent of today's grown up on a Harley. It makes a lot of noise, goes nowhere fast and you have to stop and fix the cards every few blocks! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

i think putting the cards on the spokes with clothespin's was in the kid manual if i'm not mistaken.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

I did the same thing. The cards that would come with a slab of bubble gum in the package were thicker cards and made more noise. To us, it was the equivalent of today's grown up on a Harley. It makes a lot of noise, goes nowhere fast and you have to stop and fix the cards every few blocks! :biggrin:

my son calls chevy trucks go slow trucks lol.  they make a lot of noise and go nowhere when you put your foot in it.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

i think putting the cards on the spokes with clothespin's was in the kid manual if i'm not mistaken.  

Back in those days no one ever realized that all that stuff was going to be worth a fortune someday. (Certain Hockey and Baseball Cards, Pez candy dispensers, matchbox dinky toys etc....) We just used them and tossed everything too landfill when one had no further use for the stuff.   :biggrin:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Back in those days no one ever realized that all that stuff was going to be worth a fortune someday. (Certain Hockey and Baseball Cards, Pez candy dispensers, matchbox dinky toys etc....) We just used them and tossed everything too landfill when one had no further use for the stuff.   :biggrin:

you just got to hold on to everything these days.  by a larger house with more rooms for storage.

• Haha 1

Then you have to pay the offset. The costs between the value of said retention as far as collectables go, then the costs of larger residence and/or property for storage of such items. I don't have a 401k. I have 401 cc's, meaning classic cars. I enjoy them for a few years then sell them when the market has a demand and make a few coins. You have to watch the markets for everything these days.

1 minute ago, TBG 150 said:

Then you have to pay the offset. The costs between the value of said retention as far as collectables go, then the costs of larger residence and/or property for storage of such items. I don't have a 401k. I have 401 cc's, meaning classic cars. I enjoy them for a few years then sell them when the market has a demand and make a few coins. You have to watch the markets for everything these days.

nothing wrong with classic cars as a safety net!

On 12/7/2023 at 5:05 PM, TBG 150 said:

CARBUZZ.COM

If we didn't tell you, we doubt you'd be able to guess that this go-kart started life as a...

This is a death 💀 trap

• Like 1