B4 - General Topic 2024 #14 (January)

And one more thing: The materials they use in the batteries and the electric motors are up til now mainly comming from China. Not very good in my oppinion!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

I don't know what a km is and I can enjoy my music just fine. And the great sound of an American made 500 horsepower V8.

1.62 km = 1 mile. And I agree, there’s nothing like the power and sound of a big V8.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lasse said:

And one more thing: The materials they use in the batteries and the electric motors are up til now mainly comming from China. Not very good in my oppinion!!!

And there has been many electric cars catching on fire from the batteries.

29 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

And there has been many electric cars catching on fire from the batteries.

And they have to let them burn because they can't put out a lithium fire

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lasse said:

That's incorrect, South America (Argentina, Chile & Bolivia) has the largest supplies of Lithium (it is mined with slave labour), Australia has the 2nd largest supply

3 hours ago, Maxbell said:

They lack range and i can see that being an issue in rentals…..that’s just a guess

An EV can also be an issue when the Arctic Air deep freezes certain areas with temps that are -40C (-40F) or lower. The batteries would be rendered dead within 1 to 2 hours.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Lasse said:

I am not at all worried about the cars. I'm worried about the electricity supply and distribution!

The electrical supply is non sustainable now. Wait till every vehicle becomes electric there'll be brownouts all over.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

The electrical supply is non sustainable now. Wait till every vehicle becomes electric there'll be brownouts all over.   

I was waiting for you to tell us to change the subject. I'm glad you joined in with the conversation. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, corvette08 said:

I was waiting for you to tell us to change the subject. I'm glad you joined in with the conversation. 

The odd post here and there is non problematic. It's when it carries over for a few pages then it should be placed in separate topic rather than an apartment topic.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MaxK said:

Wolf is just an idiot and will stay that way!

i can't stand the pest wolf.  i'm sick that i'm paying the money to always see his pathetic frame in b4.  i would say that i will be so glad when he is gone but come february i will not have to worry about it again.