B1 - General Topic 2024 #3 (February / March)

7 hours ago, rainman13 said:

I like her, but everything about her sounds like the diary of a teenager in puberty.

Yes, that's by design, to a certain extent, for our benefit.

I would almost bet my house that Octavia had a strict and/or oppressive upbringing. A lot of these trial and tribulations that she is experiencing are usually sorted out a little earlier in life (teenage/puberty years). But if you have overbearing parents or grew up in a household with strict religious beliefs and practices, it's difficult for that to happen. 

It seems she attracts and talks to plenty of guys (as she should... she's adorable) and soon she's disappointed with them because they're bad relationship material (i.e. taking 5 days to respond to her texts). It's like her vetting process isn't up to snuff. Maybe her instincts aren't well developed enough to quickly judge whether a guy should or shouldn't get her number. 

Maybe she could be a little more picky or take a little longer to observe the potential suitor before giving them her digits/social media and she would be better for it.

hello everyone, hope all is well with you all!

just got finished reading about octavia, and i must say that i am disappointed with her.  i know i will catch 3 times of hell over what i'm fixing to say, judging by the viewers comments but i'm going to say it anyway and then i will be on my merry way.

octavia, you are not the girl that i thought you were.  hanging out with the two predators (amalia & mati) is no good for you and i'm very disappointed you continue to do so.  it's your life, you're a smart girl and if you choose to ruin it with those two clowns, i feel sorry for you.

it's a mighty big ocean out there and there are plenty of fish in it, enough fish that you don't have to take the easy way out with work colleagues.  go out and mingle with the locals and find the people that can fulfill the needs you have.

i don't know if you knew it or not but i am no longer a subscriber and strictly rely upon the forums participation now.  i really like you and hope you make the right decisions with this whole 3-some thing.  amalia and mati aren't the one's, you are just another number to them and i hope you realize that.  i may not like what your choice turns out to be but it's your life and you know what's best for you, and hey, the easy way out might be it.  i hope like hell it's not but it's your choice.

take care and good luck with whatever you decide!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, desinc said:

Yes, that's by design, to a certain extent, for our benefit.

I would almost bet my house that Octavia had a strict and/or oppressive upbringing. A lot of these trial and tribulations that she is experiencing are usually sorted out a little earlier in life (teenage/puberty years). But if you have overbearing parents or grew up in a household with strict religious beliefs and practices, it's difficult for that to happen. 

She had a discussion with Brooke about her upbringing 3 days ago and that's not the feeling I got from that chat. She talked about her mother and her grandmother, but more on how they were great than how they prevented her to do stuff. Didn't catch anything about male figures tho.

Regarding her tribulations, it feels more than she hopes too much too soon and get disappointed. 

4 hours ago, itohkata said:

She had a discussion with Brooke about her upbringing 3 days ago and that's not the feeling I got from that chat. She talked about her mother and her grandmother, but more on how they were great than how they prevented her to do stuff. Didn't catch anything about male figures tho.

Regarding her tribulations, it feels more than she hopes too much too soon and get disappointed. 

I don't know too many people who would openly admit anything like that to someone who is basically a stranger. And... I could be completely wrong! Hopefully we'll learn more as the "sands moves through the hourglass".

As to her problems... these are really "first world" problems. It's not like she's poor, starving, or has any serious health issues. Maybe a dose of perspective would do her good.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Keen Observer said:

Just saw the replay.  Mr. Pinky could glow in the dark.  Nice job Brooke...

Good first outing and hopefully more to come. Sure Mr.Pink happy to oblige. 

• Like 1