Harley, Zabava (2024) #2

3 minutes ago, moules said:

Health care spending in the United States measured on a per capita basis in 2022 was $12,555,  $4,500 higher than any other wealthy country.  (Switzerland was next highest.)  Yet for all that spending, the United States has the lowest life expectancy of any other wealthy country.  See:

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/u-s-life-expectancy-compare-countries/#Life expectancy at birth, in years, 1980-2022

When it comes to health care, the United States pays more and gets less.

I wonder what other reasons there could be, apologies to all healthy eating American posters and lurkers

fast food wacky tobaccy GIF by Toby KeithCraving French Fries GIF by SYBO

Here in the UK many are doing there best to follow the trend.

2 hours ago, itohkata said:

Given my personal experience with that topic, her cast looks perfectly like the one I had. Yet I doubt it for a few reasons :

• you're supposed to move as few as possible and because of that it's common practice to get a shot of anticoagulant every day to prevent thrombosis (which can lead to complications or less ideal outcome of the surgery)
  • there is no reason for having a bandage on the front of the leg. She had a brown one when she came back and seems to have changed it for what seems to be a paper napkin hold with school tape
  • ATR tends to statistically happens more to men, athletes or people doing intense sports, people a bit older than her. 
  • She seems to have bruises on the back of her leg, up to her thigh and there's no reason for that.

The bruises are on her upper thigh, above the cast.  The bandage is just below the knee and covers what is likely a severe abrasion or a laceration that was sutured.

My guess is that she was in an accident, possibly riding on the back of a motorcycle or motor-bike.  And the motorbike either fell on its side, or was struck by a  vehicle.

--------------

Maybe she was in Paris visiting Aziza.  Social media accounts might confirm that.

2 minutes ago, moules said:

The bruises are on her upper thigh, above the cast.  The bandage is just below the knee and covers what is likely a severe abrasion or a laceration that was sutured.

My guess is that she was in an accident, possibly riding on the back of a motorcycle or motor-bike.  And the motorbike either fell on its side, or was struck by a  vehicle.

--------------

Maybe she was in Paris visiting Aziza.  Social media accounts might confirm that.

She has taken a Daniel 😁
She fell down a flight of stairs

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Noldus said:

She has taken a Daniel 😁
She fell down a flight of stairs

That would do it, particularly if the stairs were stone or concrete.  (<That would explain the bandage below the knee.)

11 minutes ago, moules said:

--------------

I believe I saw bruises on the back too. That aside, your theory of a fall is plausible. 

17 minutes ago, HotWivesRock said:

I wonder what other reasons there could be, apologies to all healthy eating American posters and lurkers

fast food wacky tobaccy GIF by Toby KeithCraving French Fries GIF by SYBO

Here in the UK many are doing there best to follow the trend.

The U.S. is only #10 in the world rankings!

For adult males:

https://data.worldobesity.org/rankings/

For adult females, the U.S. is #36.  The UK is #87.  See link below.

1 hour ago, milubo said:

Klar Billy, die Kosten werden für Deutsche im Inland übernommen, Ausländer sollten intelligenterweise eine Auslandskrankenversicherung haben.

Jeder vernünftige "Deutsche" fährt übrigens nicht ohne so einer Versicherung ins Ausland.

Sure Billy, the costs are covered for Germans at home, foreigners should intelligently have international health insurance.

Next time you dispute my post please try to actually make some sense.  I said they GAVE ME THE FUCKING BILL AND I GAVE IT TO MY INSURANCE!  JESUS GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD EINSTIEN. 

• Haha 1

so, with all these assumptions and theories and i had one like that when i done this its safe to say the official reason has not been posted by anyone who actually knows yet. like harley herself

56 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I hope that Zabava invites Esmi for an Easter celebrations, since Harley can't move. 😋🤞

Would they be celebrating Latin rite Easter (which is Sunday) or Eastern rite Easter (which is in May)?  Ukraine and Russia celebrate on May 5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moules said:

Would they be celebrating Latin rite Easter (which is Sunday) or Eastern rite Easter (which is in May)?  Ukraine and Russia celebrate on May 5.

I'm not sure but, since the war began, some Ukrainians are celebrating on the Roman Catholic dates.

14 hours ago, moules said:

Health care spending in the United States measured on a per capita basis in 2022 was $12,555,  $4,500 higher than any other wealthy country.  (Switzerland was next highest.)  Yet for all that spending, the United States has the lowest life expectancy of any other wealthy country.  See:

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/u-s-life-expectancy-compare-countries/#Life expectancy at birth, in years, 1980-2022

When it comes to health care, the United States pays more and gets less.

So the context you're going with is cost vs life expectancy... 

I would suggest that healthcare has less to do with life expectancy than lifestyle choices. You can't blame the healthcare system for not living very long if you're smoking 3 packs a day, drinking 2 cases of budweiser a week, consuming a regular diet of corndogs, mac n cheese, and fried twinkies, all without ever getting off the couch. 

If I have an adverse health event, I know where the best doctors and facilities are to receive excellent treatment. I make it a priority to know these things because I value my life.  I'm fortunate to live near a big city where these doctors and facilities are readily accessible and cost isn't a factor because I'm insured. I work hard and suffer through bad traffic daily to have this access. 

If you aren't living a healthy lifestyle and don't value your life enough to know where the best healthcare is... chances are, with all other factors being equal, that you aren't going to live as long I will. 

The healthcare here in the US is not perfect or cheap, but it is great. 

• Like 1