Harley, Zabava (2024) #2

5 hours ago, moules said:

That is a serious cast on her lower leg.  Quite likely a fractured tibia or fibula.   She may have had metal rods or pins inserted to stabilize the leg as it heals.  Large area of bruising on her inner thigh.   Sutures (?) in the area of her lower knee / shin.

She is/was at risk for blood clots from this sort of fracture.  Also of infection if this was an open fracture, (the bone broke through her skin).  If this injury happened somewhere other than Barcelona, the doctors may have told her not to travel for a while.

In the United States, which has the worst health care system of any First World country, the average cost of treating an open fracture of the tibia is about $20,000.

I believe health insurance is required for residents of other countries who are in Spain on an extended stay visa.  IMO, RLC should pay for this insurance, or reimburse participants if the participant obtains the insurance directly. 

I'd love to see in what context the US has the worst healthcare system of any 1st world country. I've seen some crazy statements written here but this could be the pinnacle of them. That's just pure ignorance.

Is it the most expensive, yeah... if your not insured. Do we have socialized healthcare... no... But diagnostically and therapeutically... it's one of the best if not the best! Can you receive more progressive treatments in other countries... yes... because our FDA is slow but thorough to approve such treatments for good reason. Even with this restriction we lead the world in many technologies, therapies, and pharmacologies.... and that's a fact! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, desinc said:

Me encantaría ver en qué contexto Estados Unidos tiene el peor sistema de salud de cualquier país del primer mundo. He visto algunas declaraciones locas escritas aquí, pero esta podría ser la culminación de ellas. Eso es pura ignorancia.

¿Es el más caro? Sí... si no estás asegurado. Tenemos asistencia sanitaria socializada... no... Pero diagnóstica y terapéuticamente... es una de las mejores si no la mejor! ¿Puede recibir tratamientos más progresivos en otros países? Sí... porque nuestra FDA tarda pero es minuciosa en aprobar dichos tratamientos por una buena razón. Incluso con esta restricción somos líderes mundiales en muchas tecnologías, terapias y farmacologías.... ¡y eso es un hecho! 

You have just defined the right point, without chauvinistic fanaticism or waving stars and stripes, just reality, including the possible defects and virtues of the current system in your country, well explained... P.S., I apologize for the font size, I'm using the translator...
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Only if these girls are smart enough to have travel insurance.  They mostly think with that thing between their legs than their health.  

Hey Stn, guys think mostly with that thing between your legs. It's called little head thinking for the big head! Lol

• Haha 3

Dr Ashley thinks she probably sure sure ruptured her Achilles tendon. Just adding to speculation here. Get well Harley. And get a boyfriend will you, you're too beautiful not to have one!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Dr Ashley thinks she probably sure sure ruptured her Achilles tendon. Just adding to speculation here. Get well Harley. And get a boyfriend will you, you're too beautiful not to have one!

Given my personal experience with that topic, her cast looks perfectly like the one I had. Yet I doubt it for a few reasons :

• you're supposed to move as few as possible and because of that it's common practice to get a shot of anticoagulant every day to prevent thrombosis (which can lead to complications or less ideal outcome of the surgery)
  • there is no reason for having a bandage on the front of the leg. She had a brown one when she came back and seems to have changed it for what seems to be a paper napkin hold with school tape
  • ATR tends to statistically happens more to men, athletes or people doing intense sports, people a bit older than her. 
  • She seems to have bruises on the back of her leg, up to her thigh and there's no reason for that.

10 hours ago, desinc said:

I'd love to see in what context the US has the worst healthcare system of any 1st world country. I've seen some crazy statements written here but this could be the pinnacle of them. That's just pure ignorance.

Is it the most expensive, yeah... if your not insured. Do we have socialized healthcare... no... But diagnostically and therapeutically... it's one of the best if not the best! Can you receive more progressive treatments in other countries... yes... because our FDA is slow but thorough to approve such treatments for good reason. Even with this restriction we lead the world in many technologies, therapies, and pharmacologies.... and that's a fact! 

Amen Brother....that why Med Students around the world would kill to come to United States, to attend Medical Schools and become Doctors.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maxfactor said:

Health care is not free anywhere...in Germany, they send you a bill for you  to forward to your travel insurance.  

It is free in the UK bud, that’s why all the bloody immigrants flock over here their droves 😩

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maxfactor said:

Health care is not free anywhere...in Germany, they send you a bill for you  to forward to your travel insurance.  

Bei uns in Deutschland zahlt in der Regel die Krankenkasse die Rechnung im Gesundheitswesen.

Nicht die Rentenversicherung !

In Germany, the health insurance company usually pays the healthcare bill.

1 minute ago, milubo said:

Not the pension insurance!

Sorry Fritz...I can show you a copy of the 80 thousand Euro bill they gave me.  Which I had to send to my insurance.

3 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Sorry Fritz...I can show you a copy of the 80 thousand Euro bill they gave me.  Which I had to send to my insurance.

Klar Billy, die Kosten werden für Deutsche im Inland übernommen, Ausländer sollten intelligenterweise eine Auslandskrankenversicherung haben.

Jeder vernünftige "Deutsche" fährt übrigens nicht ohne so einer Versicherung ins Ausland.

Sure Billy, the costs are covered for Germans at home, foreigners should intelligently have international health insurance.

11 hours ago, desinc said:

Health care spending in the United States measured on a per capita basis in 2022 was $12,555,  $4,500 higher than any other wealthy country.  (Switzerland was next highest.)  Yet for all that spending, the United States has the lowest life expectancy of any other wealthy country.  See:

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/u-s-life-expectancy-compare-countries/#Life expectancy at birth, in years, 1980-2022

When it comes to health care, the United States pays more and gets less.

• Like 1

European Health Insurance Card

The European Health Insurance Card is documentation of your right to coverage for necessary healthcare when you are staying temporarily in another EU/EEA country or Switzerland, on the same conditions as citizens of that country. You should therefore always have your card with you when travelling in these countries.

https://www.helsenorge.no/en/health-rights-tourist-abroad/the-european-health-insurance-card/

This is in addition to travel insurance that covers necessary expenses or travel home
In Norway, there are free healthcare services, only a small deductible. When it passes around €270 in the course of the calendar year, you get a free card and everything else is free. This also applies to "blue prescription" medicines