Harley, Zabava (2024) #2

9 hours ago, desinc said:

So the context you're going with is cost vs life expectancy... 

I would suggest that healthcare has less to do with life expectancy than lifestyle choices. You can't blame the healthcare system for not living very long if you're smoking 3 packs a day, drinking 2 cases of budweiser a week, consuming a regular diet of corndogs, mac n cheese, and fried twinkies, all without ever getting off the couch. 

If I have an adverse health event, I know where the best doctors and facilities are to receive excellent treatment. I make it a priority to know these things because I value my life.  I'm fortunate to live near a big city where these doctors and facilities are readily accessible and cost isn't a factor because I'm insured. I work hard and suffer through bad traffic daily to have this access. 

If you aren't living a healthy lifestyle and don't value your life enough to know where the best healthcare is... chances are, with all other factors being equal, that you aren't going to live as long I will. 

The healthcare here in the US is not perfect or cheap, but it is great. 

I'll guess that you live in a coastal state.

I readily concede that lifestyle is a major factor, and obesity in the United States is more prevalent than in most/all European countries.

So I will point to another measure, infant mortality.  No lifestyle choices, other than perhaps that of the mother.  Infant mortality in the U.S. is 5.1 per every 1,000 births, tied with Poland, and higher than Canada and every western European country.   Infant mortalities in western Europe below 2.5 are Spain (2.4), Sweden (2.3), Finland (2.1), Norway and Monaco (1.8) and Iceland (1.6)

IMO, a main cause of why health care in the United States fares poorly when compared to other wealthy' countries is that there is no national system of health care, (a feature unique to the United States) and thus there are great disparities among the individual states in the U.S. in health care quality and coverage.  The infant mortality rate per 1,000 births in Louisiana (7.24) is more than double that of Massachusetts (3.23);  and the infant mortality rate in Mississippi (9.39) is more than double the rate in California (4.07).

Life expectancy in Massachusetts is 80.4 years, in West Virginia 74.5 years.  In 2022,  life expectancy in the entirety of the European Union was 80.6 years, a bit higher than the highest American state.

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:09 AM, ashleyxyz said:

Hey Stn, guys think mostly with that thing between your legs. It's called little head thinking for the big head! Lol

How Dare You GIF by moodman

🤣

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cupid30 said:

Probably arguing with her son lol

1) Does she have a son ?

2) Why should she cover a camera for arguing with him ?

- No, it's just the curtain in the window. It happens often.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mol39 said:

1) Does she have a son ?

2) Why should she cover a camera for arguing with him ?

- No, it's just the curtain in the window. It happens often.

i refer to her bf as her "son"....hence the 'lol' in the caption

On 3/29/2024 at 9:13 AM, Noldus said:

She has taken a Daniel 😁
She fell down a flight of stairs

Hi Noldus, omg, when he went down those steps he could have broken his neck. He was wasted enough his body relaxed and he was fine. That's one good thing excessive liquor and drugs is good for. 🥴

12 hours ago, moules said:

I'll guess that you live in a coastal state.

I readily concede that lifestyle is a major factor, and obesity in the United States is more prevalent than in most/all European countries.

So I will point to another measure, infant mortality.  No lifestyle choices, other than perhaps that of the mother.  Infant mortality in the U.S. is 5.1 per every 1,000 births, tied with Poland, and higher than Canada and every western European country.   Infant mortalities in western Europe below 2.5 are Spain (2.4), Sweden (2.3), Finland (2.1), Norway and Monaco (1.8) and Iceland (1.6)

IMO, a main cause of why health care in the United States fares poorly when compared to other wealthy' countries is that there is no national system of health care, (a feature unique to the United States) and thus there are great disparities among the individual states in the U.S. in health care quality and coverage.  The infant mortality rate per 1,000 births in Louisiana (7.24) is more than double that of Massachusetts (3.23);  and the infant mortality rate in Mississippi (9.39) is more than double the rate in California (4.07).

Life expectancy in Massachusetts is 80.4 years, in West Virginia 74.5 years.  In 2022,  life expectancy in the entirety of the European Union was 80.6 years, a bit higher than the highest American state.

I do appreciate you taking the time to post all these statistics, but this forum is probably not the best place to further this debate. I will say that you can not compare the US healthcare system to a socialized national healthcare system as apples to apples. I'm sure you can appreciate this fact.  I would be happy to discuss this further in a different forum but I'm done doing it here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi Noldus, omg, when he went down those steps he could have broken his neck. He was wasted enough his body relaxed and he was fine. That's one good thing excessive liquor and drugs is good for. 🥴

Good morning and happy Easter Ash
Yes, it was a bad fall for Daniel and it probably would have been worse if he had been sober.. I don't know how it happened to Harley, only heard she said she had fallen down a flight of stairs

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Noldus said:

Good morning and happy Easter Ash
Yes, it was a bad fall for Daniel and it probably would have been worse if he had been sober.. I don't know how it happened to Harley, only heard she said she had fallen down a flight of stairs

Considering how Harley likes her alcohol, I would surmise it would be caused from drinking.  :biggrin: