B1 - General Topic 2024 #5 (April / May)

1 hour ago, itohkata said:

Well, I know that this conversation was not representative of who he probably is and the sound was, at best, crappy (even if we can thank Octavia for putting him on speaker, because I could barely hear him over the phone), so I could have been wrong in some part of what I heard. But he creeped me out a bit, and I'm not in a relationship with him. 

That being said, the conversation was really lighthearted and some of the things he was saying are currently being used by some candidates to the US presidency, so... (but that blond fucker also creeps me out, so there might be a link). They called afterward and laughed about it. As Octavia said "religion is a tough subject", which is true.

The only thing Octavia said that I disagreed with was that he made some fair points. I must have missed those as I was drowning in the rest of his antiquated views of the world. He also sounded once or twice a bit paternalistic, if not condescending, toward Octavia, like she was not fit to have this kind of discussion for some reason.

Is he Spanish, do you know that ?

1 hour ago, mol39 said:

Is he Spanish, do you know that ?

I assume I can help you there. If it's about some twisted thoughts, especially about religion, she will have had the conversation with her boyfriend from Dubai. If I remember correctly, he is also the only friend who is currently having voice messages with her.

1 hour ago, Melle2 said:

I assume I can help you there. If it's about some twisted thoughts, especially about religion, she will have had the conversation with her boyfriend from Dubai. If I remember correctly, he is also the only friend who is currently having voice messages with her.

It was a conversation with the guy from Dubai. 

His views are based on his upbringing in a very different culture from Octavia and are part of his agenda to try and get what he wants…which is Octavia. I think she mentioned in her conversation with her coach that he even asked her if she wanted to be his second wife? (Assuming the translation was accurate). This apparently did not appeal to her, nor should it knowing a bit about her nature.

He definitely has a different way of looking at things which in my opinion would end up trying to suppress the open way that Octavia approaches life which I feel is much healthier. I think Octavia knows this and will ultimately not be a part of his plan to have them be some sort of couple…but at the same time she seems to enjoy his company and the game they are playing along with the debates they are having so this will probably continue in some way. She has said that she feels he has a good heart so I think she is doing her best to be his friend, to just have fun and try to help him out with his life without locking herself into something she will likely regret in the future. This sort of thing tends to be a bit tricky and complicated especially as he is also offering her a chance to travel with him to exotic places which appeals to her but ultimately it is still part of his agenda.

She is smart enough to know all this so things may shift soon. She also has plans to see family and God Children in addition to 2 festivals so she will be quite involved with her own pursuits which should be fun for her.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jonno said:

Dear Diary off her nut again. 🤣

Journaling Dear Diary GIF by Ryn Dean

I have to say that I really enjoy it when Octavia allows herself to go into stream of consciousness mode. I find her “craziness” to be very appealing and refreshing. I smile and laugh at the things she says and does (and sings) and personally appreciate the fact that she likes Queen songs…especially “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Don't Stop Me Now” which could actually be her theme song…😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneBeing said:

It was a conversation with the guy from Dubai. 

His views are based on his upbringing in a very different culture from Octavia and are part of his agenda to try and get what he wants…which is Octavia. I think she mentioned in her conversation with her coach that he even asked her if she wanted to be his second wife? (Assuming the translation was accurate). This apparently did not appeal to her, nor should it knowing a bit about her nature.

He definitely has a different way of looking at things which in my opinion would end up trying to suppress the open way that Octavia approaches life which I feel is much healthier. I think Octavia knows this and will ultimately not be a part of his plan to have them be some sort of couple…but at the same time she seems to enjoy his company and the game they are playing along with the debates they are having so this will probably continue in some way. She has said that she feels he has a good heart so I think she is doing her best to be his friend, to just have fun and try to help him out with his life without locking herself into something she will likely regret in the future. This sort of thing tends to be a bit tricky and complicated especially as he is also offering her a chance to travel with him to exotic places which appeals to her but ultimately it is still part of his agenda.

She is smart enough to know all this so things may shift soon. She also has plans to see family and God Children in addition to 2 festivals so she will be quite involved with her own pursuits which should be fun for her.

She's best to stay away.  The dudes a scam artist waiting to pounce on his prey.    :biggrin:

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

She's best to stay away.  The dudes a scam artist waiting to pounce on his prey.    :biggrin:

Lol…now I know why you are called Stone Cold…not that there isn't some truth there.

• Upvote 1