if you post here , your account of RLC will Banned !!!!!!!!!!!

mini2012

I really don't see why RLC gets their shit in a knot over a few pics and vids. It's free advertising for them. No one is actually selling what they copy for money, so really there is no infringement on any copyright.

In the US, we have what is called "The Fair Use Doctrine," in which you can cite short snippets of works from others to help express an idea or concept. It's necessary to ensure freedom of speech, especially that of a political nature.

We have this ability in the US (not granted by a government -- it's that exceptionalist thing educated people understand and that everyone thinks is evil), and it's necessary. However, it doesn't necessarily apply to borrowing large works of others engaged in personal or commercial work (it's that legal thing that makes lawyers make a living.) However, RLC is a public entity, worthy of comment, so I think they allow some "Fair Use" to rule: as long as it's controlled and people are not just ripping them off. CC does work as advertising and the fact that publication of pictures on CC lasts is because we have a paying membership base and it excludes the massive rip-off sites from stealing the pictures that we have "borrowed" from RLC to illustrate our comments.

That's just a fricking guess, of course.

Sounds logical.  In Canada we don't have that.  We are free to download, post, upload which is not against our laws for now. They have been working to get that changed but the SCC keeps striking them down.  It's all fine here as long as you don't sell what's downloaded or uploaded for monetary gain. I imagine sometime in the not so distant future that will change.

Wouldn't the answer be to upload pics and vids to hosting sites owned by Canadians in a Canadian domain then? I guess if it's a free site, not one of those pay to download-at-a-decent-speed-ones, then it should be ok right?

Right.  I have never really looked to see what sites I have used in the past are Canadian or not.  I just used them because they worked for the time being.  I'll have a scout around tomorrow on the net and see if I can find some reliable Canadian servers.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once more this stupid question to make this very clear. If I have taken a video with my own HD video camera and want to attach that video file to the attachment center of paying CC members, can RLC trace it to my IP address and can they then ban me? That is, does RLC have access to the attachment center? I think somebody said they are paying CC members through some intermediate if not their support, but the attached files have not been removed.

If the attachment center is safe towards RLC attacks, then more videos than today could be attached. We know it is against RLC´s copyright, but I think it is more in favour of them than against them.

Once more this stupid question to make this very clear. If I have taken a video with my own HD video camera and want to attach that video file to the attachment center of paying CC members, can RLC trace it to my IP address and can they then ban me? That is, does RLC have access to the attachment center? I think somebody said they are paying CC members through some intermediate if not their support, but the attached files have not been removed.

If the attachment center is safe towards RLC attacks, then more videos than today could be attached. We know it is against RLC´s copyright, but I think it is more in favour of them than against them.

All the videos in pics in the attachment center are still there but as far as having their RLC account suspended because of it I can't say on that one. One of the CC members will have to answer that. But no video or pic has been removed by a takedown order in the attachment center unless the user who put it there deletes it themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

haha.  I got banned from RLC yesterday or two days ago. I had not posted any videos or pictures from that site I just visited this site recently.

now my IP is banned and I get error message whenever I try to visit the site.  well fuck them then.  If they dont want my money anymore then no point in me going over there anymore.

• 4 months later...

............CC has an attachment feature below the comment box where pics and videos can be stored. Since I have been here well over a year all content placed there still stands and stays with no removal unless removed by the user. I can't say for sure if other members that have posted in the attachment center have still had RLC account bans or not. Only ones I have ever heard of is direct posting without using the attachment feature.

TGB 150 now has heard of someone being banned using the attachment centre. Me!

Perhaps this thread should be a Sticky, if I had read it before may not have fallen into the RLC trap.

Good thread, thanks.

But.........You posted in a thread. That, is public. I don't view the attachment center so I have no clue what is really there.

OK I am still confused, and thanks for your patience.

I uploaded two files as an attachment to a post, initially they did not appear in the post, but in the attachment centre, then they two thumbnails appeared in the post at a later point. I did not use insert image. If I had noticed they had appeared I would have tried to remove them.

I appreciate it is something I did wrong and it's all my own fault.

Sorry. Then you'll have to wait for a geek to answer. Never yet have I posted a picture or video anywhere on this board, so I can't be honest in the answer on how it happened.

I'm just a Pain in the Ass Administrator.

Sorry. Then you'll have to wait for a geek to answer. Never yet have I posted a picture or video anywhere on this board, so I can't be honest in the answer on how it happened.

Well you Pain in the Ass Administrator your have been a lot of help.

Thanks.

Speaking of which, did I miss something? How the hell did you become am admin? Did you buy camcaps? Or do  we now have two admins?