Just an observation

So should a guest have the right to ask for covering up (some) cams.

Though it feels a little like betrayal, because I’m paying for to see what’s going on, I think yes, a guest has this right. Even a tenant has this right under some circumstances, like illness. Because I don’t own these people. In the end they’re humans, not objects.

In the event of sickness or emergency, the cams will shut off for paramedics or others like that. Anything short of an emergency situation, then no, cams stay on. The guests have no right to interfere with cameras. They only have the right to choose what they feel like showing or not showing.

In the event of sickness or emergency, the cams will shut off for paramedics or others like that. Anything short of an emergency situation, then no, cams stay on. The guests have no right to interfere with cameras. They only have the right to choose what they feel like showing or not showing.

Ok, if we don't talk about covering cams up of their own with blankets and such, but freezing or taking offline, it's a decision of RLC if or if not. So RLC can and do make their own rights. As I said, I don't know about terms and conditions that would deny such things. So if RLC has this right, the guest has this right through RLC.

Let me be clear, I'm not happy about static or offline cams, nor I want to protect RLC. But in the end they have this right because they can.

The reason this thought came to me in the first place was the young woman that was staying there last night. Like all of the situations here, I can only speculate on some of it.

It looked to me that she had come to this house after breaking up with her girlfriend. She looked like she had suitcases with her so perhaps she had no place to stay or didn't want to be in a certain place any longer. The net of was that she was not simply here as a visitor in the sense of coming to a party or get together.

Now I understand that she had been in the shower before but I couldn't help but think that given the circumstances, trying to be modest in that shower might have been a bit much.

The thought I expressed originally came to mind. Under those circumstances, would it be so unforgivable for her to have simply covered the camera and not deal with it?

I remember the night that they had a threesome with another girl. This girl covered up the cameras in the bedroom when they 'were doing it'.

Well, the outrage was huge on all the forums, I can tell you that  ;D And a lot of them emailed RLC about it.  After a while the girls seemed to get a phonecall or message and they uncovered the cameras.

After that the guest tried to cover the cameras again but the girls stopped her from doing that. And the action went on without any visual problems  :)

Personally I think that the guests have no right to mess with the cameras. They know the drill when they enter the apartment. They can hide of course, but that's all. 

So the conclusion could be: a guest has no right to cover up a cam on her own without prior approval by RLC. But of course she or a tenant has the right to ask RLC to switch off cams. Then it's a decision made by RLC we have to live with.

RLC, otoh, has to live with a decision made by us to cancel the membership if their service doesn't meet our expectations.

I am realizing that part of the problem here is that we have no idea what the specific terms and conditions are that the tenants agree to when they accept the deal with RLC.

You are correct, we don't. A fully vetted/authentic copy of the contract has never surfaced on CC, and I doubt that it ever will.

Another problem is that many members don't read the RLC-user agreement, and they get pissed off when tenants are not splayed naked in front of the cameras 24/7.