Being BANNED

albacore

Just curious regarding this but what does it actually mean to be banned?  It was lead to believe that when banned you are no longer part of this community.  Now it appears that "banned" only means "timeout".

Am I missing something here or are the increments to the "banning" process.  I do not expect to be in this position but when, from time to time someone appears to be trollish and gets banned - will they be back?

Are there different sizes to the Ban Hammer?

I am just trying to understand the consistency. 

It depends on the severity of the offense. You can be banned from the site permanently or just for a determined length of time in which to think about what you did to become banned. I don't like to stop anyone from enjoying the site, but when you get masses of complaints about certain people, well, then you need to exercise the authority given you. Admin can always reverse it if he feels we were wrong, but so far, I've only seen that once.

It depends on the severity of the offense. You can be banned from the site permanently or just for a determined length of time in which to think about what you did to become banned. I don't like to stop anyone from enjoying the site, but when you get masses of complaints about certain people, well, then you need to exercise the authority given you. Admin can always reverse it if he feels we were wrong, but so far, I've only seen that once.

How many moderators and admins are on this forum I no country sheriff u r 1 of the moderators