Be Very Careful

Guest rlcscam

I posted three pictures today and three hours later I was banned from the site.  I cropped the pics small that everything was missing on the picture so they must have some other way to track you when you post.  Thats alright I got tons to post without them.

I'm starting to think that there's more of a connection between this forum and RLC than anyone is willing to disclose. Now, to figure out how to test my theory...

I assure you there is no connection whatsoever between Camcaps and RLC. Without getting too specific they have made a few attempts to shut us down. Additionally, it is against our terms of service for them to use our site. If you or anyone else has an inkling about what might be going on feel free to let me know. Be aware that if you have any identifying info such as your email address, common username, or real name in your profile it is publicly available to all members.

Few attempts, as in requesting the IP addresses of the forum users?

Can they identify people solely by their username here or their email address? I mean, if your username here is bla and you registered @ reallifecam using [email protected], the link is pretty easy to make.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooooooooo

Very simple :

rlc : Photo clic at xx:xx time

camcaps : post Photo clic at xx:xx time

rlc look photo

rlc search photo/timing = IP connected ?  xxx.xxx.x.xx

BINGO !

IP xxx.xxx.x.xx RLC = pseudo blablabla camcaps !]

if blablabla connect rlc... rlc look ip... 1X, 2X 3X PAN BANNI

it is tracking.... very simple

more dangereus is the videos posted on other sites

Here ok, no problems,but to mother..., etc (Other) you ? died  sorry

thk multiproxy  ;)

Nooooooooo

Very simple :

rlc look photo

BINGO !

thk multiproxy  ;)

I followed you for a short while, but here's the problem:

Let's say 12 people are watching a stream while Nora and Kiko are going at it in the bedroom. Out of those 12 people, one person decides to make screen caps, remove the code at the bottom, and post them to camcaps.

Assuming that there is no personally identifiable information here on the forum, how can RLC determine that you posted the pictures and ban you? There is no meta data in a screen cap that would identify you.

And don't say they can't, because I know that it has happened very recently...

I posted three pictures today and three hours later I was banned from the site.  I cropped the pics small that everything was missing on the picture so they must have some other way to track you when you post.  Thats alright I got tons to post without them.

I'm starting to think that there's more of a connection between this forum and RLC than anyone is willing to disclose. Now, to figure out how to test my theory...

I assure you there is no connection whatsoever between Camcaps and RLC. Without getting too specific they have made a few attempts to shut us down. Additionally, it is against our terms of service for them to use our site. If you or anyone else has an inkling about what might be going on feel free to let me know. Be aware that if you have any identifying info such as your email address, common username, or real name in your profile it is publicly available to all members.

Few attempts, as in requesting the IP addresses of the forum users?

No. They have never asked me for IP information from users on this site. Again, I can't be too specific here, all I can say is they have made attempts to have us banned from search engines.

Nooooooooo

Very simple :

rlc look photo

BINGO !

thk multiproxy  ;)

I followed you for a short while, but here's the problem:

Let's say 12 people are watching a stream while Nora and Kiko are going at it in the bedroom. Out of those 12 people, one person decides to make screen caps, remove the code at the bottom, and post them to camcaps.

Assuming that there is no personally identifiable information here on the forum, how can RLC determine that you posted the pictures and ban you? There is no meta data in a screen cap that would identify you.

And don't say they can't, because I know that it has happened very recently...

I agree that it would difficult for them to track people that way as several people (possibly hundreds of people) are viewing at any given time. There wouldn't be any useful meta data in a screenshot.

By "waiter" jade means "server"  ;)

Could someone confirm that they can log IP from users making captions from the cam? I doubt of that.

Any website owner/host can determine the IP address of people who visit their site. It's just the way the internet works. As stated before I don't share users info with anyone. I don't look, and I don't care. I am the ONLY person that can view the IP logs for this site.  If they are getting your IP addresses from somewhere it's not from here. I tend to think that it's some combination of matching up visit time on RLC, and posting time on here but I don't know. If anyone else has some technical expertise in this area I am all ears.

It's not what I meant. My question was: could they know if the user make a caption (storing?) (for example a screenshoot or a video recording)? Can they log the action of the user?

No. Screenshots are made locally (as in on your computer) and don't communicate any info to whatever website you're on. It's analogous to taking a picture of something with a camera.

It's not what I meant. My question was: could they know if the user make a caption (storing?) (for example a screenshoot or a video recording)? Can they log the action of the user?

No. Screenshots are made locally (as in on your computer) and don't communicate any info to whatever website you're on. It's analogous to taking a picture of something with a camera.

And that's the part that bothers me. If there are multiple people watching the exact same stream, and one of those people posts screen caps, how are they tracking and determining who is doing it?

At first I thought maybe they are using some sort of pixel tag technology, but there is nothing in the code of the RLC page (or javascripts that support it) that suggest that, meaning that if they are doing that, it would have to be at the stream level, which would be extremely expensive and difficult to deploy properly.

Cookies can't track across multiple domains, so that's not it, either.

Which drives me back to an assumption I made months ago - they're using Google Analytics to track movement on both their site and here on Camcaps to track page views and times by IP address (even if anonymous, Google only masks the last octet of the ip address).

Guest ButtPlug

And that's the part that bothers me. If there are multiple people watching the exact same stream, and one of those people posts screen caps, how are they tracking and determining who is doing it?

At first I thought maybe they are using some sort of pixel tag technology, but there is nothing in the code of the RLC page (or javascripts that support it) that suggest that, meaning that if they are doing that, it would have to be at the stream level, which would be extremely expensive and difficult to deploy properly.

Which drives me back to an assumption I made months ago - they're using Google Analytics to track movement on both their site and here on Camcaps to track page views and times by IP address (even if anonymous, Google only masks the last octet of the ip address).

I was thinking maybe there is very low opacity code somewhere else that we are missing? I tried looking at some of the images and inverting them to see if I could find anything else hidden. 

I was think maybe there is very low opacity code somewhere else that we are missing? I tried looking at some of the images and inverting them to see if I could find anything else hidden.

I've tried that as well, but found nothing. If that existed, it'd almost have to be repeating across the screen, as it would need to appear even if someone cropped out most of the screen. I'll play around some more with it in Photoshop to see if there is ANYTHING at all. But again, there's nothing in the HTML or Javascript on the RLC page to suggest this is happening.