Be Very Careful

Guest rlcscam

Guest ButtPlug

One thing I've noticed is that some people have the exact time and date as the file name. I would suggest changing the file name.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Any graphic image can display any image or information it wishes (noticed or un-noticed.)

It can display an ID number (that's what you see at the bottom left of your screen) or it can encode the same number using subtle changes to selected pixels (that you will never notice). Simple JPGs can contain a tremendous amount of encoded information: and this can be specific to each download or copying of a picture or video. National intelligence services have been dealing with this issue for quite some time.

A picture can tell a thousand words: and it this case, you'd never even know it. Date stamping is not needed at all. Government agencies have been using "secret messages hidden in plain sight" for centuries as an espionage tactic; and so have private concerns.

Are we suitably paranoid now?

I highly doubt the operators of RLC have invested in the software required to shift pixels on a live video feed. It would have to be at the media server level as there is no code what-so-ever on their web server that would provide that functionality.

Guest Squirrel

I highly doubt the operators of RLC have invested in the software required to shift pixels on a live video feed. It would have to be at the media server level as there is no code what-so-ever on their web server that would provide that functionality.

Let's hope you are correct.

How do all you guys know so much about computers??? It seems brilliant what you all talk about. Of course that assumes you are all correct in your knowledge!!!

Anyway, someone like me who finds it strange that Mircosoft uses the Start Button to turn my computer Off, is well dumb founded by everything techy!!!

Stay safe guys and keep up the good work. This forum is worth protecting.

I don't post pictures or videos for RLC non-members.  I post to make a joke or for members who may have missed something because of their schedule or who don't want to take the time to capture the video themselves to view later.  If non-members view the little bits I post, it should encourage them to become members so they don't miss what a member can see.  Viewing other members posted pictures and videos convinced me to become a member.  The free cams alone were not enough.  I had to see what I was missing before I would spend the money.

If RLC really had their act together, they'd pay a few people to capture videos and post them on a view only, members only site so that their members miss very little.