Watching flash video on Samsung Android

As a newcomer, I'm a little reluctant to make suggestions on subjects that may have been covered extensively, but, what the heck, I'll do it anyway.

I was frustrated that I couldn't view the streaming video on RLC on my Samsung tablet or smart phone.  There were two apps that seemed interesting and based on the reviews I installed the free version of FlashFox on both my tablet and phone.

It's a little slow (but that may be true of any flash player in Android.)  It does work and you have the advantage of zooming in on any segment of the video.  That's particularly helpful on a small screen.  What I often do is browse RLC on my laptop and when I find something that looks interesting, I open it on my tablet to study the detail.

Should I have posted this in a different topic?

Nah your ok where you posted. 

I use photon browser it's a paid app but also found puffin browser to be pretty good as well.

There's also an app called SCR recorder that records video and sound via internal audio. It takes a little tweaking to get to work properly. It's not in the play store but can be side loaded from an. apk file. It's on xda-devoplopers website.

Nah your ok where you posted. 

I use photon browser it's a paid app but also found puffin browser to be pretty good as well.

There's also an app called SCR recorder that records video and sound via internal audio. It takes a little tweaking to get to work properly. It's not in the play store but can be side loaded from an. apk file. It's on xda-devoplopers website.

i use the puffin browser as my tablet does not support flash player and could not get rlc,but i can with puffin browser.

Should I have posted this in a different topic?

I agree with the Skunk, my fellow woodland creature friend. Not only is it OK, but it also serves to point out an area where CC could expand to increase its relevance to our established members and potential contributing members.

I've been pushing for a tech-focused forum on the board to discuss tech issues, just like the Old Dudes forum primarily shares culture, but haven't seen enough response from people who want to contribute their knowledge.

If I do, I'll consider pushing to establish a forum where we can discuss capture software, editing techniques, etc., how to safely post stuff here, as well as the hurdles of new OS upgrades and the like. It would be a healthy alternative for CC members who want something to do besides jack-off in the Apartment threads or engage in riots in the Flame Wars forum.

Besides, tech is our tool for everything we discuss, see, or froth over here at CamCaps. Any supporters out there?  :hi:

I don't own any Samsung devices, so I cannot speak directly to them. 

For Android, I have the following:

I have an underpowered LG phone that I don't do much with except make the occasional phone call or FB Messenger text. 

I also have an EVGA Tegra Note 7 tablet that I do a lot of stuff with.

On both devices, I've taken the same steps to deal with Flash:  I downloaded the latest Flash drivers, which are very old...and I use the Dolphin Browser along with the Dolphin Jetpack addon.

The problem with the old, now-unsupported Flash drivers is that they won't work with any Android version newer than 4.1...which is what my phone uses.  For anything greater than 4.1, you have to go another route, which means a browser with Flash built in.

The browsers mentioned by other members are all good, but they can have problems depending on your device.  Here is a link that talks about them:  https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-install-flash-player-on-android

The comments in that article might provide more help.

Another alternative is to get a cheap Windows tablet.  I have an HP Stream 7 that I've upgraded to Win10.  Flash is still supported for Windows and it works great on that device.

Besides, tech is our tool for everything we discuss, see, or froth over here at CamCaps. Any supporters out there?  :hi:

I think this is a great idea.  I am sure I would be reading it but unfortunately I probably would not have that much to contribute from the tech side. 

I agree with the Skunk, my fellow woodland creature friend. Not only is it OK, but it also serves to point out an area where CC could expand to increase its relevance to our established members and potential contributing members.

I've been pushing for a tech-focused forum on the board to discuss tech issues, just like the Old Dudes forum primarily shares culture, but haven't seen enough response from people who want to contribute their knowledge.

If I do, I'll consider pushing to establish a forum where we can discuss capture software, editing techniques, etc., how to safely post stuff here, as well as the hurdles of new OS upgrades and the like. It would be a healthy alternative for CC members who want something to do besides jack-off in the Apartment threads or engage in riots in the Flame Wars forum.

I would be glad to help out any member I can with the tech side of things even it it doesn't involve cc or RLC. I am limited when I it comes to writing programs but I am pretty knowledgeable on most other things.