Juke Box Split #5

woodworker

Guest TxFeller

First concert I ever saw:

Cotton Bowl, Dallas

Three Dog Night

opening act: Buddy Miles

2nd concert: First tour of Chicago Transit Authority, Dallas Memorial Auditorium

3rd: Blood Sweat & Tears (after David Clayton-Thomas left........ BOOOOOO!  :curse:) with an opening act of Loudon Wainwright III ("Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" with apologies to tail-possessing members that will remain nameless :hi:)

From there followed a eclectic myriad, including Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Eric Clapton, AC/DC, Cheap Trick, The Beach Boys, Alice Cooper (Billion Dollar Babies tour), Ted Nugent (before he lost his MF mind), Santana, Mannheim Steamroller, Anuna, Twila Paris, Michael W. Smith, Wayne Watson, Steppenwolf, Atlanta Rhythm Section, and a good deal more I can't remember, some I wasn't even conscious for. lol

Concerts I missed because of having to work: Savoy Brown & Deep Purple together, Electric Light Orchestra, Yes, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, and Kitaro.

There's a couple of songs I can listen to when I am feeling really low-energy that, cranked up to 10, can put those blahs out of sight: Bananarama singing "

", and Earth, Wind & Fire singing "
". Then I can listen to Wagner's "
from Die Walkure just to totally top off. =)

I'd love to see

in concert and
, also.
, too. (Ain't she a fox? Those green eyes make me :drool:.)

Groups there's no sense in wishing for since they're kaput: Tull, Zeppelin, Black Sabbath (

).

Would loved to have partied with Belinda Carlisle and the

Here's a couple of one-hit wonders for you:

and

Here's one that was made a year after I was born! I had it in the house and played it on our 78 gramophone (volume control was a sock pushed down the horn!). It was the first number one ever in the UK when the charts began. Given the primitive recording methods they had then, the sound on this is amazing. Best heard with headphones and volume up LOUD. Al Martino in his prime - Here in my Heart