Ilona - boring

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Ilona and have been patient with her, I must admit her daily routine is getting old and boring quick.  I'm willing to give her some more time because I like her allot but she is starting to get boring!!

And what happens then? ...  ??? ... If you're not satisfied, you can simply stay away. ... No one is forcing you to watch.  ;) ... No idea how long you watch RLC, but this apartment was mostly without many action. I even think, that Ilona would win a direct comparison with most of the previous residents (maybe not with K&K ;) ). ... In any case, she is the only one that make this apartment worth watching, now.

Regardless, at some point there will be new residents, and perhaps the new combination fits better. ... Patience has always been necessary in RLC. :) ... The pity is that they did not add a real substitute for Nora. Ultimately, it was a good idea to have someone there who has an eye on everything and really lives there. ... But with this opinion I'm probably alone.

And what happens then? ...  ??? ... If you're not satisfied, you can simply stay away. ... No one is forcing you to watch.  ;) ... No idea how long you watch RLC, but this apartment was mostly without many action. I even think, that Ilona would win a direct comparison with most of the previous residents (maybe not with K&K ;) ). ... In any case, she is the only one that make this apartment worth watching, now.

Regardless, at some point there will be new residents, and perhaps the new combination fits better. ... Patience has always been necessary in RLC. :) ... The pity is that they did not add a real substitute for Nora. Ultimately, it was a good idea to have someone there who has an eye on everything and really lives there. ... But with this opinion I'm probably alone.

No sir, you're not alone in your thinking and your right, if it wasn't for Ilona this apartment wouldn't be worth a dam and that I can agree with you!  I'm not satisfied nor dis-satisfied, frustrated would be the word I should have used instead of boring.  I have been with RLC as a paid member for several years and a non paid member for approximately 8 to 10 months so I know how the game works around here and it's not her fault that i'm frustrated as much as it is how everything is conducted in this apartment.  I said some harsh things about Nora and I said some really good things about Nora.  I didn't hate Nora, I hated some of the things that I perceived she had business in!  I was one of the people that expressed to CC members that I didn't feel any of these girls needed a mentor/babysitter due to them being old enough to handle their own business, but after watching the apartment now, with no leadership/den mother, it is quite apparent that is just not the case in anymore.  Only time will tell so everyone does need to have some patience with the new format and give all these girls a chance!!

Ilona is the foundation of this fort!  Without her it would really suck and it is fun to watch her bebop around downstairs!!

The sad fact is that Ilona is the embodiment of our society. The arrival of the the internet, personal computers and smart phones has led to people and families to become almost entirely cellular. Each person living in a home heads to their own private space and interacts with the outside world more than they interact with family and friends who are physically in the home!!

Facebook has become the go to place. It is actually a pretend world where members pretend to have lots of friends and pretend to live exciting interesting lives. Everyone seems obliged to inform the whole world when they or their friends/family do anything considered exciting even if that something is a new born baby filling its nappy every five minutes!!! Social media is fast becoming an evil that undermines many vulnerable people who feel increasingly inadequate for living a boring life!

Used intelligently social media can be a great tool. Used the way many people, particularly young people, use it and the tool becomes dangerous.

Ilona is a beautifully vibrant young girl. She needs to get out and live life rather than spend every waking minute isolated in the pretend world of social media.

I would miss her playful dancing but I could always spend my time telling the world about my exciting life!!!!

A lot of this is sad but true. I first witnessed this behaviour among young Japanese women in Tokyo at the turn of the millennium when on the underground they would just stand in the carriage transfixed by their phones rather than talking on them which most Westerners were still doing at the time.  For me all my friends on FB are actual friends, people I have known well (none of them mild acquaintances) before "friending" them on FB. That's possibly because I'm older and I know that however well I get on with people online, I don't really know them like I do those in the real world.

je me permet de vous redire que ilona travaille pour une agence proposant des emplois de gogo danseuses, modèles et serveuses, dans le monde entier. elle ne discute pas avec des amies, elle poste les annonces, et répond aux demandes innombrables des filles!!!

I allow me to reiterate that Ilona works for an agency offering dancers galore jobs, models and waitresses around the world. it does not discuss with friends, her job ads, and meets the demands of countless girls !!!

je me permet de vous redire que ilona travaille pour une agence proposant des emplois de gogo danseuses, modèles et serveuses, dans le monde entier. elle ne discute pas avec des amies, elle poste les annonces, et répond aux demandes innombrables des filles!!!

I allow me to reiterate that Ilona works for an agency offering dancers galore jobs, models and waitresses around the world. it does not discuss with friends, her job ads, and meets the demands of countless girls !!!

So this agency has a single staff member who "works" from waking to sleeping and doesn't get a day off?

I call shenanigans.

A lot of this is sad but true. I first witnessed this behaviour among young Japanese women in Tokyo at the turn of the millennium when on the underground they would just stand in the carriage transfixed by their phones rather than talking on them which most Westerners were still doing at the time.  For me all my friends on FB are actual friends, people I have known well (none of them mild acquaintances) before "friending" them on FB. That's possibly because I'm older and I know that however well I get on with people online, I don't really know them like I do those in the real world.

Yes, it's a sign of the times indeed, but so too was the way that so many people parked themselves in front of the TV and never engaged in conversation, or read a book, or played a musical instrument when together as a family or a shared household.

Those people on Friends actually discussed day to day matters with one another, however banal those might be.

Often not really watching TV especially on commercial stations as breaks are so frequent to limit full engagement with the televised content anyway.

Perhaps, though it may be heresy to say so, exchanging messages with friends especially in detailed conversational form is better than sitting  on the couch and watching TV alongside others who are doing the same and foregoing conversation, other than hi and how's your day? etc.

But of course I draw the line at text speak!!  :-))

Well, I have finally reached saturation.  I can't watch Ilona brush her hair, dance around, look at herself in the mirror, shower, look at her phone and computer anymore.  It is as much as I believe we are going to see...this is her "real life".

I hope I am wrong.  I would love to be wrong.

Well, I have finally reached saturation.  I can't watch Ilona brush her hair, dance around, look at herself in the mirror, shower, look at her phone and computer anymore.  It is as much as I believe we are going to see...this is her "real life".

I hope I am wrong.  I would love to be wrong.

I could only imagine how boring it is upstairs!  Lack of conversation alone proves that!