Sudoku

HarleyFatboy

Anybody play it?  If so, do you have any tips for someone that loves to play but gets pissed off on the real aggressive levels?  I know there is quite a few smart people here that probably have a few tips to the game!!

All I know about it is when you put in your numbers, no 2 numbers can be in the same row vertically and horizontally. I myself have never attempted it but my mother she's 83 and she says it's easy to do.

If you do it with those puzzle books you buy at the store. The answers are in the back of the book if you get a puzzle your stumped on.

All I know about it is when you put in your numbers, no 2 numbers can be in the same row vertically and horizontally. I myself have never attempted it but my mother she's 83 and she says it's easy to do.

If you do it with those puzzle books you buy at the store. The answers are in the back of the book if you get a puzzle your stumped on.

It's a really good game, will piss you off when you play the more advanced puzzles, but it is addicting lol.  I can breeze through the puzzles from beginner to hard but after that I'll have to put it down, sometimes for days because I get so frustrated lol.

It's a really good game, will piss you off when you play the more advanced puzzles, but it is addicting lol.  I can breeze through the puzzles from beginner to hard but after that I'll have to put it down, sometimes for days because I get so frustrated lol.

My mother says she does it to keep her mind active. She figures by doing them she'll avoid ailments like Alzheimer's.

Anybody play it?  If so, do you have any tips for someone that loves to play but gets pissed off on the real aggressive levels? 

I've gotten pretty good at it.  Lessons are an important starting point.  Several years ago a guy who calls himself Dr-Sudoko offered a few free lessons to lure you into buying his advanced stuff.  I found the free stuff was enough for me.  He comes up in a google search, but no link to free lessons.

Here are two sites that offer lessons: http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/sudoku/sudoku_tips.shtml http://www.sudokuprofessor.com/sq1/?gclid=CIbX97jE98kCFcsXHwodyGEKuw  The first seems kind of basic as far as I read, but see if that helps you.  The second requires what seems to be free registration but I didn't register.

A very good free playing program is at http://www.enjoysudoku.com/webplay/  It has some tutorials that I haven't looked at, but its help feature is very important.  It shows you what the next correct entry is AND explains why.

If you get hooked, you'll burn a lot of hours.

My mother says she does it to keep her mind active. She figures by doing them she'll avoid ailments like Alzheimer's.

Just being a Mod here will keep your mind active. Just when you get to the bottom of the page and think you covered the whole board, there are 100 new threads/posts, posted.

Sounds like we need a game section created over in Old Dudes. It certainly beats the hell out of arguing with each other over at Rants & Flames, or waiting for Ilona & Irma to start fucking each other over at the Apartment threads!

(Thanks for the info on Sudoku, as I have been Sudoku disadvantaged. Anyone up for a game of 9 ball? How 'bout cribbage? Strip poker with Leora & Anna?  :P :P :P)