New Picture and Video Threads

TBG 150

The reason why Hope85 Pictures might take a little longer to load is because he uses a lot of gif images which are much larger in size than a regular picture.

A Picture is usually between 550kb to 1MB in size which should load quickly. Then you get a gif image which is close to 10MB in size will take a bit longer to load as it has to buffer a copy to your Temporary Internet Files before that gif will play. With being on 3MB internet explains the slowness for certain pictures such as gif images.

Time to call your ISP and get some additional Bandwidth added because 3MB is not all that quick. From the area I am from they call it Lite Speed which is the lowest speed available for ADSL, DSL or Cable Connections.

Std, I agree that the 3mb speed is the crux of my problem.  Unfortunately, I've tried upgrading, but that is all that I can get out of my ISP.  Even thought they offer higher speeds, they can't offer anything higher for me due to the distance between me and the CO.

Std, I agree that the 3mb speed is the crux of my problem.  Unfortunately, I've tried upgrading, but that is all that I can get out of my ISP.  Even thought they offer higher speeds, they can't offer anything higher for me due to the distance between me and the CO.

You must live in a Rural Area away from where their main tower sits.

You must live in a Rural Area away from where their main tower sits.

Rural area... yes, but the problem is the ISP will not upgrade their routers that would provide a higher speed.  My in-laws live further out than me and they have higher speeds.  This is because the telco has installed a DSLAM between the them and the telco CO.  I could get the local cable company, but because they've not upgraded the area with better cable or fiber, they're reluctant to provide service unless more ppl would subscribe.  That's not going to happen because the cable company sucks!

Now, just up the road in Chattanooga, TN, EPB boasts about speeds of 165mb, but they don't service my area.  At lease I can stream Prime, Netflix or Kodi with decent quality.... just another day in paradise!

Rural area... yes, but the problem is the ISP will not upgrade their routers that would provide a higher speed.  My in-laws live further out than me and they have higher speeds.  This is because the telco has installed a DSLAM between the them and the telco CO.  I could get the local cable company, but because they've not upgraded the area with better cable or fiber, they're reluctant to provide service unless more ppl would subscribe.  That's not going to happen because the cable company sucks!

Now, just up the road in Chattanooga, TN, EPB boasts about speeds of 165mb, but they don't service my area.  At lease I can stream Prime, Netflix or Kodi with decent quality.... just another day in paradise!

So you are basically stuck with what you got unless you relocate to a different area.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Brureb28 said:

How come when I try to post a pic to a Thread....the post goes up but the pic doesn't?  But it does show up in the Attachments Center.....using regular JPG format

Often, you can set your post to a "text-only link" or fully displayed. You may be setting the post to "link only mode." But if that isn't the problem, then we need to consult the software experts. I have forwarded your comment up the food chain.

• 2 weeks later...