Picture threads

Thestarider

With all the whining about not being able to post comments in the picture threads anymore, why have people not voted in the poll?

1. Should We Allow Comments in the Picture & Video Threads?

• YES
  • NO

total of 16 votes is all as of 4/18 at 22.00 hrs

• Upvote 1

Who the Fuck cares anymore!  The powers at be will finagle it the way they see fit anyway!!  I love you all....but these polls suck!  It wasn't until I received a PM from a certain someone that there was a poll going on.  I feel that there is a SHITLOAD of CC members that don't even know about this poll!!!!  I will deal with keeping the chat feature and doing away with being able to comment in the pictures thread.   Whatever makes it easier on the people that keep CC going!!!!

Harley, instead of being a constant whiner and complainer and total liar about it all, just STFU and go away. You have no clue in the world what you're talking about. All you ever do is complain and blame others for your misfortunes. If you don't like RLC and/or CC go find another site to haunt and disrupt. If you don't feel that you can do this I'll gladly help you on your way. 

You said you won't post anymore. Live up to what you posted. There are a bunch of people that don't know about anything else on this board, because they can't/don't/won't look at anything but the pictures. 

• Upvote 1

TBG you got a big badge there guy. I guess that means your a cop of some sort...Cops are a very misunderstood group of people: They protect you, they keep murderers, rapists, and other such motherfuckers off the streets....AND they are assholes about loud music and loud cars like Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hellcats...And total buzz killers....Do I smell bacon burning?...Please leave Harley alone he is just one of hundreds of whiners and complainers who haunt and disrupt this website. AND besides that Harley.... he's my IBF. (internet boy friend)  Be nice to me too because I am very sensitive and I'll start crying....thank you.

I feel I must just give my 5 cents worth here.

I just want to start by saying that I do understand why the No Comments in Picture threads was done, but there have been occasions where I have seen a picture and really wanted to make a comment about it without having to repost the same picture.

However I have not done so as I know that the comment will just be removed, and I do not see how the comment would have been relevant in the comments thread without posting the picture with it.

So I feel that we are loosing out on interesting and sometimes comical banter amongst the forum members.

If you take a look at the number of views for the pictures threads versus the number for the comments thread it is obvious that everyone is looking at the pictures and very few are heading over to the comments thread to post comments relating to a said picture!

I used to enjoy seeing the banter especially when Mr Squirrel came along with his highfalutin witty comments, I often found myself chuckling out aloud which sadly is no longer the case.

So I say bring back the banter but not the petty name calling and squabbling!  

32 minutes ago, Chiller.Aquarium said:

I just want to start by saying that I do understand why the No Comments in Picture threads was done, but there have been occasions where I have seen a picture and really wanted to make a comment about it without having to repost the same picture.

However I have not done so as I know that the comment will just be removed, and I do not see how the comment would have been relevant in the comments thread without posting the picture with it.

So I feel that we are loosing out on interesting and sometimes comical banter amongst the forum members.

If you take a look at the number of views for the pictures threads versus the number for the comments thread it is obvious that everyone is looking at the pictures and very few are heading over to the comments thread to post comments relating to a said picture!

I used to enjoy seeing the banter especially when Mr Squirrel came along with his highfalutin witty comments, I often found myself chuckling out aloud which sadly is no longer the case.

It seems few people do not know how to comment on a picture in the comments thread...

1. Looking at the picture in question, right click on the phrase "Posted "X" minutes ago"

2. Click on "copy link location"

3. Go to the comments section and "Control V" to paste the link

4. Add comment.

7 hours ago, Chiller.Aquarium said:

When the Threads were changed on January 1,2016 the comments were then separated to their own section leaving the Picture & Video Threads for just that purpose. Since that change the amount of pictures had increased and some posts were getting as many as 10 or more Pictures to a Post. Just last night I counted one of the Picture Pages and between the 15 Post Slots available there was 141 Pictures on one complete page and 39 of those Pictures were on One Post. I don't have anything against the Pictures and Gifs Posted it's just that the pages take a little longer to Load  and then have to scroll through the page from Top to Bottom.It's quite a tedious process on some pages. 

If the Comments were to go back into those threads that would ease up the size of the page making the Load Time quicker as there wouldn't be as much to buffer for that page and make Scrolling the page not so long to go through.

A poll was put in place to get people to Vote whether they want the change or not but many have just seemed to bypass it and carry on with their normal routine. It currently shows 10 YES  and 10 NO.

As it looks the Comments will start to go back in to the Picture and Video Threads beginning May 1,2016. All Apartments will have New Picture and Video Threads made for that date. Until then we'll just carry on the way it is now.

• Upvote 1

It was at 10/10 when I left for work 12 hours ago. This result further proves SC's point that no one really cares about anything but T&A.

So the Mods can leave the apartment threads wide open and we'll go back to discussing reality over at Old Dudes over a beer and a cigar. The punky ones can continue to live in their dream world where they are all married to their Internet spouse.

• Upvote 3