Juke Box Split #6

woodworker

1 minute ago, woodworker said:

I just watched something kind of funny.   It's this young woman who has a Quran and she uses raw bacon for book makers.   And then she reads certain passages and then tears those pages out and sets them on fire.   

Hmmmmm, sounds like someone needs serious help to me!

• Upvote 1

Spanish composer Joaquin Rodrigo made a nice piece for the guitar.  It's called Concierto de Aranjuez.

The best known part is the second movement, also known as En Aranjuez Con Tu Amor.  I've chosen for Santana's version without lyrics:

• Upvote 3

The news that Meat Loaf collapsed during a concert in Canada reminded me to the one time I saw him perform in Antwerp during the Night of the Proms.  During the show I went he performed a very extended version of his I do anything for love running over 16 minutes long which brought his total performance to nearly an hour (his other songs ran a bit long also) but even though his performance was long he got the audience in his hand, an amazing performance.

I found another version running 10 minutes, also during the Night of the Proms in 2001:

• Upvote 1

The great thing about living in Belgium is the fact that Belgium has quite the reputation as being music lovers and are willing to pay handsomely to see artists in concerts.  Compared to some other European countries we see a lot of the world's greatest artists in concerthalls or open air concerts.  Belgians love their music and are willing to pay for it, for example tonight and tomorrow Céline Dion is singing in Antwerp and tickets average well above 160 EUR.  The fact that we, Belgians, are willing to pay makes our tiny country the place to be for artists and groups that love to make money.  This means that we have a steady stream of top artists on stage.  Last week it was Adele, yesterday it was Iron Maiden, tonight it is Céline Dion, in a few days we have Neill Young, a bit later and Paul McCartney is here, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bruce Springsteen, etc...  The fact that the artists are well taken care of when they are performing in our country also helps a bit.  The world top of stage building, logistics, etc... all are Belgian companies.  

And then there's the fact that Belgians aren't afraid to experiment a bit.  About 10 years ago a couple of brothers thought that it would be fun to have a festival with electronic music.  Not just a regular festival but a high end festival with stages right out of fairy tales, high quality food, etc...  Some deemed them crazy but today it's one of the biggest festivals in the world catching 180.000 people per festival (and they have it twice a year, once in Belgium and once in Brazil).  But when we go even a bit further back in history we see a couple of students who watched to the BBC Last night of the proms and thought "we can do better" and so it occurred, in the mid 80's the "Night of the Proms" was founded in Belgium as a concert where pop meets classic.  Today the Night of the Proms has concerts in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, the US, etc... and many famous artists have performed.

At the Night of the Proms I've seen many many artists during the more then 10 years I visited the show each year...  For some artists it were nearly the last concerts they played (James Brown, Ike Turner) and the performance of several artists will always remain with me.  

Ultimately there will be one name that remains connected with the Night of the Proms for ever and I'll add "the Proms song" here:

John Miles with Music:

2 hours ago, woodworker said:

PARTING SORROW

The halls of my heart are empty and dark~ Now that she is gone from me

Where once there were sunlit skies where Nature's own joys did grace my eyes

Now there is only shadows and gloom that fills this room~ Now that she has gone from me

And where once she stood ever so near~ Her gentle laugh ever so dear

Now there is only this faint memory~ Of what once was~ Now gone from me

Written at age twenty six

That's very sad but honorable WW!

Thank you.    I actually wrote that poem in order to keep my sanity.    Just before I left Detroit I did something that caused me to not sleep for three days.   And I knew, as I laid there in my darkened bedroom that a man could lose his mind if he doesn't eat or sleep for three days.

So by concentrating on writing this poem, I was still able to manage my thoughts, and control my mind.

It sort of gives this poem more meaning, if you get my meaning. :cool:

• Upvote 1