Juke Box Split #6

woodworker

For you Patti~     Just keep holding on to that love you once held for me.

PARTING SORROW

The halls of my heart are empty and dark~ Now that she is gone from me

Where once there were sunlit skies where Nature's own joys did grace my eyes~

Now there are only shadows and gloom that fills this room~ Now that she has gone from me

And where once she stood ever so near~ Her gentle laugh ever so dear

Now there is only this faint memory~ Of what once was~ Now gone from me

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Pepe said:

Kitty Wells does a version of it wasn't God who made honky tonk Angels that I grew up on. 

If you grew up in this era of Music. You're about as old as I am.   Would be nice if the Newer Musicians kept the era of years ago alive instead of that upswing garbage.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

If you grew up in this era of Music. You're about as old as I am.   Would be nice if the Newer Musicians kept the era of years ago alive instead of that upswing garbage.

Couldn't agree with you more. 

I remember riding in the car with my mother listening to the old stuff on 8 track. 

I just turned 53 this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pepe said:

Couldn't agree with you more. 

I remember riding in the car with my mother listening to the old stuff on 8 track. 

I just turned 53 this year. 

I got a few years on you then.  I am pushing near the 60 mark.

I remember the old 8 track cassettes. I still have a few kicking around but nothing to play them on.  I have checked at a few antique places  and they say they always have people looking for an 8 Track Player but they are few and far between.  I may have to take them somewhere and see if I can get them changed to another source. There are a few places around that have the technology for changing the old stuff.

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I got a few years on you then.  I am pushing near the 60 mark.

I remember the old 8 track cassettes. I still have a few kicking around but nothing to play them on.  I have checked at a few antique places  and they say they always have people looking for an 8 Track Player but they are few and far between.  I may have to take them somewhere and see if I can get them changed to another source. There are a few places around that have the technology for changing the old stuff.

Not really that far apart in age at least we both have good taste and appreciate the older things.

You ever look on E bay for 8 track player? I just took a glance and seen a few.

They do have E bay up north there eh! :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pepe said:

Not really that far apart in age at least we both have good taste and appreciate the older things.

You ever look on E bay for 8 track player? I just took a glance and seen a few.

They do have E bay up north there eh! :)

I can access E-Bay in Canada.  I'll have to check it out and see what they have.  Most of the songs that were on those 8 Tracks I have downloaded them from the Internet but it would be nice to play the 8 Tracks again before the tape inside them decides to crumble.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I posted this music´video from YouTube on Leora&Paul´s video thread as I think it accompanies very well Leora´s dancing when she moves her bottom in a very tempting way. The video was fast deleted from that thread by the active CC censors -.I guess the reason was that we should not post anything from third party servers. I post it now in this Juke box thread to see what happens - in this thread as well as in the Russian-Ukrainan jukebox thread these YouTube videos have not been regarded as dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLT4JdS5rbk