Buyer's remorse

3 hours ago, eagleb1 said:

Let me get my two cents in here.

While I'm retired now, toward the end of my career I ran a company employing 250 people.  I made sure that our employees had adequate health insurance  ---- not because the law required me to but because it was the right thing to do.  In fact, I had the same insurance.

I live in a suburb of New York City although I was raised in the city.  When I decided to buy a NYC apartment for convenience and entertainment, real estate brokers were given clear instructions to not bother showing me Trump apartments.  Why?  Because most real New Yorkers like me knew that he was a fraud who grossly overpriced what he was selling.  Sure, he sold to some locals, but I guess they felt they could maintain the myth when they sold to the next sucker.

I haven't had to disown many friends, (I don't really, I just ignore them.)  Most people I know are educated, successful citizens who can recognize a totally incompetent leader when they see one.  It's not a close call.  I'm just amazed at how Trump supporters have to twist common sense to justify their support.

That's one of the things people seem to forget to do these days....their motto is fuck the less fortunate,,, I'm making good money or I have a successful business and life is good so why should I think about or help the poor. It's despicable as a human being to only think about yourself and say screw other people who are not as blessed or less fortunate than you are.

That's all I saw in previous comments,, about welfare and government handouts,,,yes there are people out there that are lazy and refuse to work and always try to get everything handed to them for free without working for it,, But you cannot put everyone together and say that everyone who is on welfare is a freeloader and lazy,,, There are thousands of people out there that worked their asses off their entire lives and fell on bad times of no fault of their own,,,and they need some help to get back on their feet.
I'm glad I was taught well to never look down on the less fortunate,,,because you can find yourself in their situations too,,,,,all it takes is one Medical Emergency, Longterm Illness, Accident, Company lawsuit, Bankruptcy ,Or any form of unforeseen event to bring someone to their knees,,and you will be in the same boat as the people who you spent your whole life looking down on and ignoring.

It is very heartless to be selfish and think only about yourself and say screw the poor,, be happy they had the opportunity to even be lucky enough to where they could have had their very own businesses,,, Some people just don't think a certain way I guess:angel::angel:

At the end of the day I would make sure that my employees,,the same ones who bust their asses every freaking day to make my business successful and make me rich,, I would make sure I take care of them,,, I want my employees happy and healthy,,because they perform a lot better when they are happy to work for me,,,the last thing you want is to have an employee who seriously hates you and your company to the point that they would bring a gun to work and kill innocent people or do something on the job that could easily make you lose your company.

The most important person to any company are it's costumers yes,,but right after that it's the employees, and depending on what kind of business you have those same employees are also your costumers too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eagleb1 said:

Let me get my two cents in here.

While I'm retired now, toward the end of my career I ran a company employing 250 people.  I made sure that our employees had adequate health insurance  ---- not because the law required me to but because it was the right thing to do...

2 minutes ago, euromike69 said:

That's one of the thing people seem to forget to do these days....there motto is fuck the less fortunate,,, I'm making good money or I have a successful business and life is good so why should I think about or help the poor. It's despicable as a human being to only think about yourself and say screw other people who are not as blessed or less fortunate than you are...

It's great to see proof that not all Americans buy into this hypercapitalist, me, me, me, bullshit that the worst elements of your society keep pushing.  Keep fighting fellas, you're on the right team!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you didn't watch the same reports I did where both sides looked like they were ready to go to war, both sides are to blame for what happened Eagle, and Trump pointed that our very well. I hate the Neo Nazi's but I also hate the BLM they feel they can circumvent the law of the the lands just because they felel like they have been mistreated or they feel like their philosophy is only way., Look at the gang wars Eagle and the people who are killing each other and tell me Trump is wrong. Look at MS 13 and the way they kill their own and tell me Trump is wrong. Look at how the little fat man in Korea backed down and tell me Trump is wrong. NO BUYERS REMORSE here Eagle. you just can't take the truth ! Why have the Dems adopted his philosophy as the new platform ???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thestarider said:

. NO BUYERS REMORSE here Eagle. you just can't take the truth ! Why have the Dems adopted his philosophy as the new platform ???

You are now officially to the right of the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post.  What will it take? What will it take?

What will it Take you ask, here I will show you in plain English that I hope you can understand

National Debt Was $19,947,304,555,212.49 Seven Months Ago… Here’s What It Is Today

President Donald Trump and his administration are undoing the government’s rampant spending that occurred under former President Obama’s watch. 

According the U.S. Treasury’s direct record, a surprising amount of money has been saved over the course of seven months.

On January 20th, the day Trump was inaugurated, the total debt was $19,947,304,555,212.49.

On July 30th, seven short months later, it’s at $19,844,938,940,351.37.

Overall the debt has decreased by $102,365,614,861.12.

Here’s what the Trump budget plan said, proposed back in April:

“Under this plan, the debt will continue to fall both in nominal dollars and as a share of GDP beyond that point, putting us on a path to repay the debt in full within a few decades,” the budget plan said.

Then, in his State of the Union address, he made this comment to Congress:

“Faster economic growth, coupled with fiscal restraint, will enable us to fully fund our national priorities, balance our budget, and start to pay down our national debt.”

In the end, it certainly looks like he’s keeping his promises regarding fiscal responsibility by the United States government.

5 hours ago, Thestarider said:

What will it Take you ask, here I will show you in plain English that I hope you can understand

National Debt Was $19,947,304,555,212.49 Seven Months Ago… Here’s What It Is Today

President Donald Trump and his administration are undoing the government’s rampant spending that occurred under former President Obama’s watch. 

According the U.S. Treasury’s direct record, a surprising amount of money has been saved over the course of seven months.

On January 20th, the day Trump was inaugurated, the total debt was $19,947,304,555,212.49.

On July 30th, seven short months later, it’s at $19,844,938,940,351.37.

Overall the debt has decreased by $102,365,614,861.12.

Here’s what the Trump budget plan said, proposed back in April:

“Under this plan, the debt will continue to fall both in nominal dollars and as a share of GDP beyond that point, putting us on a path to repay the debt in full within a few decades,” the budget plan said.

Then, in his State of the Union address, he made this comment to Congress:

“Faster economic growth, coupled with fiscal restraint, will enable us to fully fund our national priorities, balance our budget, and start to pay down our national debt.”

In the end, it certainly looks like he’s keeping his promises regarding fiscal responsibility by the United States government.

Yep, and Mussolini fulfilled his promise of getting the trains to run on time and Adolf Hitler delivered on his campaign goal of Lebensraum. Both were, and were loved, by fascists.

No one is asking anyone to be tribal and support only BLM or only American Fascists. It's not one or the other.  There's decent people and there's fascists. Trump is an enabler of fascism.  Those fucktards in Charlottesville, waving Nazi flags and doing Roman salutes, are fascist. The president of the USA has enabled them.

As a European that is old enough to have witnessed many decades of disasterous American foreign policy, there's a large part of my mind that tells me that the only decent thing that America has ever done for the world was to get involved in Europe's fascist dictator problem and sort it out for us.  You sent your young men over to fight and die to end tyranny, to defeat the rascist Ayran ideology, you freed the Jews in the death camps, you bolstered central Europe against the USSR.  Your grandparents generation did that for the American values of freedom and liberty. To ensure that fascism could not take root in the world.  And now look...

...the actual President of the United States of America has enabled Nazism and white supremacy to enjoy the highest profile they ever have on American soil.

Is the debt clock, with it's ridicous almost imaginary number more important than the ideal that your country gave the lives of it's most able to uphold?  What is happening to you America and why can't you see that there are decent people and then there are fascists and it is the rsponsibility of all decent people to defeat fascism, even when one of them is the president.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thestarider said:

Since I was not aware of anything that Trump had actually done to affect the national debt I did some research.  http://www.snopes.com/media-silence-national-debt-trump/

While this dealt with only his first month, you get the idea that small (in a government sense) variations are not predictive of long range trends.

• Like 1

I just got to thinking about the boast of Trump supporters that he has caused the stock market to reach new highs,  Doing some simple research I downloaded a 10 year history of the Dow Jones. If you draw a straight line through the points since the bottom in 2009 it just about perfectly predicts the current level.  So, either where we are is due to a rally started during the Obama administration or the market was extremely prescient that Trump would be elected eight years later.

DJI 2009-2017.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eagleb1 said:

Since I was not aware of anything that Trump had actually done to affect the national debt I did some research.  http://www.snopes.com/media-silence-national-debt-trump/

While this dealt with only his first month, you get the idea that small (in a government sense) variations are not predictive of long range trends.

Eagle were we talking about 1 billion or maybe 10 billion, no we are talking month after month of reduction to a total of 102 billion so far, so your little Snopes BS article is just that a liberal point of view, not the actual facts. Didn't you once say your understood general accounting methodology . In seven months the national debt has been reduced by about $300.00 per person who lives in the US. Whether you like Trump or not, his policies are what got him elected not the rhetoric, the policies are in fact very sound and will change the future of this country. You probably buy into the liberal media BS saying this neo Nazi / BLM / ALT Right / Alt Left clash in Charlottesville was a terrorist attack right ? well then every time that gangs like crips and bloods fight over a piece of turf or the gangs in Chicago kill each other over small amount of drug trade, that is also terrorism right ? What happened there was no different than the gang wars we deal with every day, it is because they hate each other and will always come to go to war about their beliefs. 

6 hours ago, eagleb1 said:

I just got to thinking about the boast of Trump supporters that he has caused the stock market to reach new highs,  Doing some simple research I downloaded a 10 year history of the Dow Jones. If you draw a straight line through the points since the bottom in 2009 it just about perfectly predicts the current level.  So, either where we are is due to a rally started during the Obama administration or the market was extremely prescient that Trump would be elected eight years later.

DJI 2009-2017.jpg  0   39.2 kB

Look at the volume on the up side Eagle since the election, goodness this is not even an argument of any kind. The only high volume during Obama was on the down side. :biggrin: look at the small business index. look at consumer confidence index all since the election, then back into the Obama administration OK. Look at how strong the dollar is around the world on those index's as well OK