Barcelona Apt. #1 ~ General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos January to March 2017

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noldus

• BBsq69

• nagachilli2

• Benfold

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, mic351 said:

I have lost Howard's statement relative to the kids of today but whenever I hear statements like his and I'll quote very loosely:  "Ever since MTV the kids have been in a moral decline."  I am often reminded of this very famous quote: "The children now love luxury.  They have very bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in the place of exercise. Children are now tyrants not the servants of their households.  They no longer rise when elders enter the room.  They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."  Ya know, that quote is from Socrates around 405 B.C. and tells us that although times change; the song remains the same.  Each generation since the ancient greeks has bemoaned the ill manners and dumbness of their kids.  Ya know what?  Each generation seems to be just a touch smarter and a touch wiser, in the end, than the one before it.  I live outside of Detroit Michigan, USA.  I'm officially a senior citizen now and I often have a hard time understanding kids of today.  Until I stop and actually listen to them and  what they have to say and I'm pretty sure, the world will be in better hands with them then it was with us.  After-all, you can't say we were very good stewards of our planet or our people, can you?

The chances are they will be slightly better educated but your general point is true - there is nothing new under the sun.

• Upvote 1