46 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Haha, It's against the law to sell Coors light in Germany, it should be against the law everywhere! You guys have hundreds of years head start on U.S. to perfect your beer. Germans like their beer room temperature iv'e read, the colder the beer here, the better, i guess to kill some of the taste in a lot of them.

I like my beer cold :heart:

You should know, that beer is a serious thing for us Germans. If you visiting Germany, DO NOT discuss with a German about beer! It would end up in a day long lecture about the advantage of German beer and its long tradition. They wouldn't even let you go, until their lecture is over, so you'd be trapped for hours. Be careful! :biggrin:

My favorite beer is surprisingly not a German beer. It's guinness from Ireland. It's strong but delicious! If you guys never tried it, I'd recommend to try it at least once.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Unsichtbarer said:

I like my beer cold :heart:

You should know, that beer is a serious thing for us Germans. If you visiting Germany, DO NOT discuss with a German about beer! It would end up in a day long lecture about the advantage of German beer and its long tradition. They wouldn't even let you go, until their lecture is over, so you'd be trapped for hours. Be careful! :biggrin:

My favorite beer is surprisingly not a German beer. It's guinness from Ireland. It's strong but delicious! If you guys never tried it, I'd recommend to try it at least once.

If they're buying i'll listen to their bullshit for hours. I love Guinness , especially on tap. Now you aan jabbath like your beer cold, i always heard that Germans and Europeans it seems like beer at room temperature. Is that a misconception, or are you guys out of the ordinary? The colder the beer the better here in the U.S. There is no drinking warm beer here.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

If they're buying i'll listen to their bullshit for hours. I love Guinness , especially on tap. Now you aan jabbath like your beer cold, i always heard that Germans and Europeans it seems like beer at room temperature. Is that a misconception, or are you guys out of the ordinary? The colder the beer the better here in the U.S. There is no drinking warm beer here.

Honestly? I don't know a single person who would prefer a warm beer over a cold. Sounds like a misconception to me, but I could be wrong, of course.

Germans like to drink their beer cold.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Unsichtbarer said:

We Germans have no blood in our veins, we have beer instead! :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Unsichtbarer said:

We Germans have no blood in our veins, we have beer instead! :biggrin:

We arrived in Dusseldorf during Fasching. We were surprised at how raunchy things were.  An American friend who had spent a lot of time in Germany, later told me that marital fidelity rules were suspended during Fasching.  Was he kidding me?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Unsichtbarer said:

Honestly? I don't know a single guy who would prefer a warm beer over a cold one. Sounds like a misconception to me, but I could be wrong, of course.

There is an old beer culture in Bavaria where some guys like the beer warm. There are even special tools called beer warmer for it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, eagleb1 said:

We arrived in Dusseldorf during Fasching. We were surprised at how raunchy things were.  An American friend who had spent a lot of time in Germany, later told me that marital fidelity rules were suspended during Fasching.  Was he kidding me?

It's an old tradition in Düsseldorf and Cologne where people say this. Thats not true but people are more relaxed when kissing somebody else during that time. All what goes further (open relationships) are that way or not regardless of Fasching or not.

17 minutes ago, Unsichtbarer said:

Honestly? I don't know a single person who would prefer a warm beer over a cold one. Sounds like a misconception to me.

I figured as much, who prefers warm beer? I'm having an ice cold Stella right now, bottoms up!

• Upvote 1