Rose, Katie & Phil, Lena & Peter

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

No, I actually do mean it. Turning my flag into a carpet is highly offensive to me. It's sole purpose is to offend Americans. I won't view this place until it's removed.

Cmon you cant be serious. Its just a flag. I didnt even notice it. Is that an American thing with the flag? Never heard of it.

• Upvote 1

Sorry people I dont get this with the flag??? Its just a piece of fabric. I dont know anybody who would be offended by a German flag there. Americans should relax a little here. Nobody gets harmed by it... :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Cmon you cant be serious. Its just a flag. I didnt even notice it. Is that an American thing with the flag? Never heard of it.

It's not just a piece of fabric though Jabbath. It represents my country and this act of turning it into a carpet is designed for the sole purpose of offending me. You're not an American, you don't get it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Amy3 said:

It's not just a piece of fabric though Jabbath. It represents my country and this act of turning it into a carpet is designed for the sole purpose of offending me. You're not an American, you don't get it. 

Nope I dont get it. I think Europeans are much more relaxed there. For me nationality does not really matter. Except when it comes to soccer. :biggrin: But I am no way offended when sth is done to the German or European flag.

Can you explain me why Americans are so different in that point?

In India you will get arrested if the National Flag is not respected.There's a law for it detailing its correct use,indoors and outdoors.

I believe USA also has a flag code that it should not touch anything beneath it including ground.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nack said:

In India you will get arrested if the National Flag is not respected.There's a law for it detailing its correct use,indoors and outdoors.

I believe USA also has a flag code that it should not touch anything beneath it including ground.

Thanks did not know that. You would feel offended when there was an Indian flag carpet?

Just now, jabbath1987 said:

Thanks did not know that. You would feel offended when there was an Indian flag carpet?

Why would someone want to do that deliberately. It would feel a little awkward but it's best to ignore it.

24 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

some people (mainly our idiotic leaders) think that flag desecration deserves jail. i think the flag & country are being desecrated by those leaders who don't follow the guidelines of freedom & equality of all people. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, golfer06 said:

some people (mainly our idiotic leaders) think that flag desecration deserves jail. i think the flag & country are being desecrated by those leaders who don't follow the guidelines of freedom & equality of all people. 

Wow golfer thats a great comment on that. Now back to topic okay?

4 minutes ago, nack said:

Why would someone want to do that deliberately. It would feel a little awkward but it's best to ignore it.

I hadnt even actively noticed it until Amy mentioned it :biggrin: Back to topic now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, golfer06 said:

to go a little further i cannot support those leaders who continuously flout the will of the people that they are supposed to represent. a divide & conquer & blame someone else for everything that is wrong has been going on in the u s for far too long. our leaders know that if they worked to actually solve some problems that we wouldn't need them. however little that they acomplish could only be made worse by them actually doing things that are so bad for everyone that it will take a generation to fix the problems that they create. i'm afraid that we are in the middle of that happening right now.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, am among those who think, neither flags nor borders, we are all equal, but we would not be on this site watching some young Russians to have fun! I've always heard the sentence of a patriot, an idiot! But everyone is free to think as you wish, of course! To me not an offense would seem to me a rug with the flag of my country, perhaps they even do it as a friendly wink to the largest and most powerful country in the world and his habitants!

• Upvote 2