Leora & Paul - General Chat Comments & Quotes (2017)

Yesterday when watching Leora, I remembered the old saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away". Adapted to Leora, it is "A bate a day keeps Paul away" (and two would be even more certain). Well, sometimes she has been very active towards Paul in the evening after her early afternoon bate. Yesterday the theory worked, though, Paul tried vaguely, but she went asleep.

Today she teased probably both us and herself by moving her hand so so close but then not quite! And then she jumped up and started to dress. Disappointing! Hope she will come back early enough, but I cannot be following then.

Has anyone here wondered why she's not a model? There are other professional models on RLC, but somehow Leora could wear a potato sack and make it look great, while the Barc girls would look like Russian peasants.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, HermanS said:

Wonder why so many things in her apartment has English words on them?

I, have found it interesting that apparently a lot of U.S. companies ship products to Siberia, or have distribution points there. Tide laundry soap for example, in plastic bags rather than boxes. Coca Cola seems to be world wide. If you catch yourself watching their television. There are many advertisements in English.

It seems to me that we here in the states do not feel the need to learn another language. It has been stated more than once, that Paul and Leora both speak and read the English language.

Krasnoyarsk, in the middle of South Central Siberia is a small metropolitan city of a million plus population. That number of people would represent a sizable market for commodities from all over the world.

Maya, and Stepan who also live there, are distributors of several Korean cosmetic companies. The world is a much smaller marble than it was fifty years ago.

• Upvote 2

Yep. Krasnoyarsk people can buy everything the world has to offer now days. It wasn't that way during the reign of the Bolsheviks.

It's called global trade.

Every one of the tenants owns products made throughout the world. And they all operate with operating systems designed by Americans or Europeans running chips designed by Americans and manufactured in Asia.They all watch "The Simpsons," created by Americans and illustrated by Asians. Most of them have TVs, marketed by the Dutch (Phillips), using Asian LED screens. All of the tenants have the choice of ASUS, HP, or Apple Computers, depending on their desires. I've seen more KFC buckets in Krasnoyarsk than I've ever seen in my entire life in America.

It's nice to see that when people trade goods through peaceful commerce, they have less incentive to resort to warfare to get what they want.

I'd prefer to know that when I die, L&P and M&S have had a good long happy life, and had the day-to-day products they'd like to use and enjoy.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Has anyone here wondered why she's not a model? There are other professional models on RLC, but somehow Leora could wear a potato sack and make it look great, while the Barc girls would look like Russian peasants.

My guess is that is her choice not to be. I can't help to believe that she has not been approached to be one. Her attention to detail on how every article of clothing fits her, and accentuates her natural beauty, goes that next step to be sure that she attracts attention.

But then, she also seems to do a fine job of attracting attention sans clothing. Not that any of us have noticed !!!   :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, scutus said:

But then, she also seems to do a fine job of attracting attention sans clothing. Not that any of us have noticed !!!   :biggrin:

You mean naked?!! Wow. I haven't noticed that.

I was too empathetic about her artwork, her personality, and the fact that her psychology is a riddle wrapped around an enigma to pay attention to that sort of thing. :angel:

Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/winstonchu156896.html
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, scutus said:

I, have found it interesting that apparently a lot of U.S. companies ship products to Siberia, or have distribution points there. Tide laundry soap for example, in plastic bags rather than boxes. Coca Cola seems to be world wide. If you catch yourself watching their television. There are many advertisements in English.

It seems to me that we here in the states do not feel the need to learn another language. It has been stated more than once, that Paul and Leora both speak and read the English language.

Krasnoyarsk, in the middle of South Central Siberia is a small metropolitan city of a million plus population. That number of people would represent a sizable market for commodities from all over the world.

Maya, and Stepan who also live there, are distributors of several Korean cosmetic companies. The world is a much smaller marble than it was fifty years ago.

I am not so sure that you do not feel the need to learn another language, You have for hundreds of years struggled to master the English language, LOL

For those that want to take exception....Its called English humour., ( Yes!! that's the way its really spelt or spelled, ) :biggrin:   Image result for union jack

Actually, I have nothing but admiration for our American cousins.    Image result for stars and stripes flag

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I am not so sure that you do not feel the need to learn another language, You have for hundreds of years struggled to master the English language, LOL

For those that want to take exception....Its called English humour., ( Yes!! that's the way its really spelt or spelled, ) :biggrin:   Image result for union jack

Actually, I have nothing but admiration for our American cousins.    Image result for stars and stripes flag

You, may be correct. BUT, your Aussie cousins gave English a whole new meaning.

• Upvote 1

Hablo un poco español después de 4 años de estudio.

Ich studierte Deutsch seit zwei Jahren an der Universität.

I am surrounded by immigrant Germans and Spanish speakers who only want to speak English here because it is the language of commerce, thanks to the Royal British Navy. The rest of the Americans here have forgotten their native tongue entirely, and only speak a bastardized version of British English.

Hence, I have not had a need for another language, except when I think of squirreling in and whispering sweet German philosophical phrases into the ear of the goddess. Of course, I'd have to get in line behind the goddamn skunk, Siberian hamster, a fat cat, and Scooter.

• Upvote 3

The nice thing about Leora is that she's a universal language that all can understand and appreciate.

Whelp -- at least all functional heterosexual males can appreciate her. Understanding her is not an option for us. I'll let Paul try to figure her out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scutus said:

Paul speaks and reads English up to translator qualification level, Leora does not understand it very much at all, but speaks excellent German.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, scutus said:

You, may be correct. BUT, your Aussie cousins gave English a whole new meaning.

What do you expect from a colony of criminals, lol, They just do it to piss us off, probably because we are better at cricket than them. lol....Seriously though, I love the Aussie's, I usually go there every winter, and they are ripper.

• Upvote 1