Another US School Shooting

rammer

8 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Can you read Howard? Heres a quote from my post ,"But that never going to be enough, it's just another law, words written on a piece of paper, and criminals can get around or break any law that's ever been enacted." So going this route will stop some crazy people. If youve been reading my posts, Im advocating for armed security and/or teachers onsite as the only solution that will have an immediate effect. I basically agree with most of what you said in your post. Here was my post from the day of the shooting,."
We should first agree that more gun laws won't stop these massacres. That asshole Lanza in Sandy Hook killed his Mom, stole her guns, took them out on the street without a carry permit, took them on school property, broke in to the school, and massacred all those kids and teachers. There's six laws right there broken, and they didn;'t stop this Piece of shit. Laws are not made to stop crime, they're made to punish those who commit crimes we as a people have deemed to be unacceptable as a society. I've been watching tv on and off tonight, and it's the same old shit  from our useless Congress,  "we need to do something", but nobody has any original ideas what to do. If someone has one, please post it on here, I'd love to hear anything that would stop even one of these mass killings. I keep hearing that the United States has more gun deaths than any other countries. The reality is, we have I keep reading 300 million firearms in circulation in this country. That's the reason we have more deaths by firearms than any other country. I'll only give my ideas here of what can be done to protect kids and teachers in schools, and that is to have someone armed  in every school. I can hear the OMG'S right now , " yeah right, we need more guns to solve the problem"!  No, we need guns in the hands of highly capable men and women who are ex military, retired law enforcement, and anyone who can pass a highly stringent safety course, and a practice range accuracy test to get the job. Of course the arguments against this plan would be, "suppose he leaves his pistol in his desk and some kid finds it"?  Or, "what if he drops it, and it goes off and kills someone"? Or this one, " well now you're gonna have crossfire and some kid might be killed by the very people that are protecting them. Any gun owner knows how ridiculous and uninformed  these arguments are. I own 2 pistols and there is zero chance of anyone accidentaly being shot by me because I've been handling firearms starting with my Dad, when i was a teen, and he taight me how to safely handle with safety always the first priority, and fire them. and I go to a gun shop with a range near me once or twice a week . I'm not going to hope I don't get attacked by some asshole, and then wait for someone to come and save me. And we shouldn't put our kids and teachers in that situation, have an attack, and have terrified kids hiding under desks with lives ruined and families devastated. Having a responsible person keeping the school safe from these maniacs, is the only thing that can be done quickly and keep the massacres from happening way way down. The best thing a crazed freak likes to see is a sign that says, " gun free zone". Thats an invitation to these freaks.There actually could be a law that could help, identify people like this crazed POS and  get them help or get them off the street before they go off the deep end. I'm here crying this morning seeing the anguish these families have to go through because we didn't do enough to protect children in this country some of the families are having funerals for their teenage children, and it's heartbreaking and their lives will never be the same. We need to stop with the bullshit we need to do something other than  the whole idea being limiting law abiding citizens access to firearms. We have 300 million firearms in circulation, If someone wants to get a gun they will, and no law will stop them, Criminals don't obey laws!! We need to wake the fuck up and protect our kids!

Ash, you have common sense, your boyfriend is a lucky man to have a woman as yourself to guide his life

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Bring back the Lash. Once people get 50 Lashes, they'll think twice before committing another crime. For Murderers Death Sentence right after the Trial if found Guilty. No sitting on Death Row for 15 or 20 Years receiving 3 Square Meals a Day.

Los Angeles (southern California) is known as the "high-speed police pursuit" capital of the country. On average, there are seven police pursuits daily (3 in the city of L.A.). On average, there are three police pursuits weekly that exceed 15 minutes (do a search on YouTube for LAPD police pursuits to see how dangerous they can be). To curtail these dangerous pursuits, about five years ago it became an automatic 6 month jail time for first offenders. So why do we have more pursuits now then ever before???  Because while first time (or second or third time) offenders get their jail sentence, they only serve about 10-20% of the time BECAUSE THE STATE REFUSES to build more prisons!  Bad guys get early release due to prison over-crowding.  What kind of punishment is it to be told you'll serve prison time for running from the cops when you know you'll be out before the ink on the paperwork gets dry!

I'm in favor of the death penalty but not sure about bad guys getting a whipping. Would rather see them incarcerated and making license plates.

Again, it all comes down to not addressing the ROOT of the problem. 

3 hours ago, SPYING 1 said:

Howard half the people in our country have no common sense, they wouldn't be able to survive without welfare, we need the death penalty on all 50 states & criminals need to do hard labor.

Those people are called Democrats (liberals).  I'm in favor of the death penalty. Not in favor of hard labor (maybe you need to expand on 'hard labor' so I know what you mean).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howard said:

Those people are called Democrats (liberals).  I'm in favor of the death penalty. Not in favor of hard labor (maybe you need to expand on 'hard labor' so I know what you mean).

Hard labor like the "chain gang" make these scumbags work in the hot sun, make them hate living

27 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Can you read Howard? Heres a quote from my post ,"But that never going to be enough, it's just another law, words written on a piece of paper, and criminals can get around or break any law that's ever been enacted." So going this route will stop some crazy people. If youve been reading my posts, Im advocating for armed security and/or teachers onsite as the only solution that will have an immediate effect. I basically agree with most of what you said in your post. Here was my post from the day of the shooting,."
We should first agree that more gun laws won't stop these massacres. That asshole Lanza in Sandy Hook killed his Mom, stole her guns, took them out on the street without a carry permit, took them on school property, broke in to the school, and massacred all those kids and teachers. There's six laws right there broken, and they didn;'t stop this Piece of shit. Laws are not made to stop crime, they're made to punish those who commit crimes we as a people have deemed to be unacceptable as a society. I've been watching tv on and off tonight, and it's the same old shit  from our useless Congress,  "we need to do something", but nobody has any original ideas what to do. If someone has one, please post it on here, I'd love to hear anything that would stop even one of these mass killings. I keep hearing that the United States has more gun deaths than any other countries. The reality is, we have I keep reading 300 million firearms in circulation in this country. That's the reason we have more deaths by firearms than any other country. I'll only give my ideas here of what can be done to protect kids and teachers in schools, and that is to have someone armed  in every school. I can hear the OMG'S right now , " yeah right, we need more guns to solve the problem"!  No, we need guns in the hands of highly capable men and women who are ex military, retired law enforcement, and anyone who can pass a highly stringent safety course, and a practice range accuracy test to get the job. Of course the arguments against this plan would be, "suppose he leaves his pistol in his desk and some kid finds it"?  Or, "what if he drops it, and it goes off and kills someone"? Or this one, " well now you're gonna have crossfire and some kid might be killed by the very people that are protecting them. Any gun owner knows how ridiculous and uninformed  these arguments are. I own 2 pistols and there is zero chance of anyone accidentaly being shot by me because I've been handling firearms starting with my Dad, when i was a teen, and he taight me how to safely handle with safety always the first priority, and fire them. and I go to a gun shop with a range near me once or twice a week . I'm not going to hope I don't get attacked by some asshole, and then wait for someone to come and save me. And we shouldn't put our kids and teachers in that situation, have an attack, and have terrified kids hiding under desks with lives ruined and families devastated. Having a responsible person keeping the school safe from these maniacs, is the only thing that can be done quickly and keep the massacres from happening way way down. The best thing a crazed freak likes to see is a sign that says, " gun free zone". Thats an invitation to these freaks.There actually could be a law that could help, identify people like this crazed POS and  get them help or get them off the street before they go off the deep end. I'm here crying this morning seeing the anguish these families have to go through because we didn't do enough to protect children in this country some of the families are having funerals for their teenage children, and it's heartbreaking and their lives will never be the same. We need to stop with the bullshit we need to do something other than  the whole idea being limiting law abiding citizens access to firearms. We have 300 million firearms in circulation, If someone wants to get a gun they will, and no law will stop them, Criminals don't obey laws!! We need to wake the fuck up and protect our kids!

Wish you would have 'paragraphed' your post for easier reading (and better to respond by).

I'm getting confused on your position.  If it's about protecting kids, tougher firearm access laws wont do it. There's a bigger problem (besides the mental health issue):

The continuing moral and ethical decay of society.  Absentee moms/dads, lack of traditional values, latchkey kids, violent video/computer games, ganster-type of music videos, and so on.  Politicians (and society) needs to address the root of the problem.  Armed guards/teachers in school is (IMO) an acceptable TEMPORARY SOLUTION. But that won't stop a knucklehead from renting a van and plowing through the gates/fence of a playground while kids are at recess. And we shouldn't have to live in a law abiding society surrounded by walls and crash resistant pylons (often found in front of various federal buildings). 

I'm OK with temporary solutions but only if the root cause of the action is addressed. Otherwise, we're putting lipstick on a pig.

8 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

Hard labor like the "chain gang" make these scumbags work in the hot sun, make them hate living

Sheriff Aparo (sp?) in Arizona did that and the courts found his policies violated the civil rights of convicts.  I found that ruling laughable; as if some of these convicts (i.e. murderers) deserve to have THEIR civil rights protected.  

Have them make license plates, pick up trash off the highways - do something that benefits society. Maybe build future prisons/detention centers. Chain gangs were mostly paid labor for private enterprise that only the jails benefited from (and the private enterprise).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Howard said:

Sheriff Aparo (sp?) in Arizona did that and the courts found his policies violated the civil rights of convicts.  I found that ruling laughable; as if some of these convicts (i.e. murderers) deserve to have THEIR civil rights protected.  

Have them make license plates, pick up trash off the highways - do something that benefits society. Maybe build future prisons/detention centers. Chain gangs were mostly paid labor for private enterprise that only the jails benefited from (and the private enterprise).

Our military lives in tents in the hot desert of the middle-east & the courts DON'T care. Murderer DON'T deserve the first class service they are getting in our jails.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howard said:

Wish you would have 'paragraphed' your post for easier reading (and better to respond by).

I'm getting confused on your position.  If it's about protecting kids, tougher firearm access laws wont do it. There's a bigger problem (besides the mental health issue):

The continuing moral and ethical decay of society.  Absentee moms/dads, lack of traditional values, latchkey kids, violent video/computer games, ganster-type of music videos, and so on.  Politicians (and society) needs to address the root of the problem.  Armed guards/teachers in school is (IMO) an acceptable TEMPORARY SOLUTION. But that won't stop a knucklehead from renting a van and plowing through the gates/fence of a playground while kids are at recess. And we shouldn't have to live in a law abiding society surrounded by walls and crash resistant pylons (often found in front of various federal buildings). 

I'm OK with temporary solutions but only if the root cause of the action is addressed. Otherwise, we're putting lipstick on a pig.

I give up. 

2 hours ago, SPYING 1 said:

Ash, you have common sense, your boyfriend is a lucky man to have a woman as yourself to guide his life

That's very sweet if you to say that, truth be told, I' m the lucky one to have him in my life.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

I'm 100% for getting help for mentally ill people, and if diagnosed, restricting their access to firearms. But that never going to be enough, it's just another law, words written on a piece of paper, and criminals can get around or break any law that's ever been enacted. And it will take years to get anything up and running to get laws written, get them passed, then set up a system that can identify and keep track of these individuals, then there will be the endless appeals process, ;lawyers will get rich, and kids maybe will be safer, but not safe enough I'm afraid.

You are a smart cookie!!!  Too smart for this country boy!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi Maturin, it's kinda obvious you hate the U.S., the situation with guns here is what it is, so lets not say how smart or not it is to have this many guns in circulation, let's deal with reality. If in whatever great country you come from, there was a firearm in circulation for every man, woman and child, and criminally insane freaks we're shooting up schoosl , what would be the first thing to stop them would you do? And what great country are you from by the way?

You are the Queen of CC!!!  Quit making so much damn sense!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Howard said:

If what you say is true, there would be no crimes involving a firearm in the state of California or the cities of Chicago or New York. Gun laws in these jurisdictions only affect law abiding people. Bad guys will get guns. Bad guys will get ammo for the guns. Whether through open borders (i.e. Mexico), gangs or other means. These strict gun laws in California have been around for over 25 years and crimes involving firearms (including murders) continue to rise.  Yes, they keep going up, UP and UP!

A few years ago the L.A.P.D. (and the state of California) tried masking the increase in firearm crimes buy categorizing some crimes as misdemeanors (and not felonies).  LAPD bent a little bit under public pressure but the state of California (starting with the governor) continuously DECREASES the punishments for using a firearm in a crime. Several actions that were classified as felonies have turned into misdemeanors. Felons are getting early release from prison -  Why???  Because of prison over-crowding.  Instead of building more prisons (it's been 25+ years since the last state prison was built yet the state's population has increased 7.6 million during that time).  Politicians have to address the ROOT of the problem(s). Not manipulate a solution that adversely affects society (or until a politician's term expires).

Written laws regarding firearms only affect good guys.  You want to solve a problem?? Go to the root of the problem.  Can't afford to pay rent next month??  Don't commit a crime - get a job (or further your education for a better paying job).  Yea, sounds basic and simple but you get my jest.  I go back to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  If it was addressed 60+ years ago why the Palestinians feel they have a claim to Israeli land, there would be no issue. These Palestinians, who were kicked out of Libya, Syria, etc because they were poor and uneducated (and a burden on their country's economy), would be back in their homeland contributing towards their country's economy. The world (UN) turned the other way and basically said 'its not my problem.  Same basic reason why the Holocaust occurred. 

It's the ROOT of the problem that must be addressed.  Everything else is either a band-aid, set to appease ignorant voters, or a stop-gap until a politician's term expires.

In the US, we are too easy on criminals.  If we had an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth kind of government, these problems wouldn't continue to happen.  Yet, our prisons increasingly become overcrowded due to the lax in laws of our country.  If every time a person committed a murder and they were found guilty of it, and then put to death because of it, we would not be in this situation.  If every time a person got caught stealing and they had a hand cut off, we would not be in this situation.  The US is too easy on criminals!!!  Put them in prison where the tax payers fund them for years and years until they either die or finally get released.  I am and always have been for the eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth kind of policy/law.  Unfortunately, I doubt I will ever see it before I'm dead and in the ground.

• Like 1