Another US School Shooting

rammer

8 hours ago, Maturin said:

Because everywhere else on Earth cultures do not need to arm their teachers or post armed guards to protect children in school.  Do you realise how fucked up you sound (again).

Actually I´m not 100% sure about nowhere else on Earth having to post armed guards - here's a quick exercise for you, find me two countries where they also have armed guards to protect children in school.

Whichever ones you find = that is the level that the USA is at right now.

Hi Maturin, it's kinda obvious you hate the U.S., the situation with guns here is what it is, so lets not say how smart or not it is to have this many guns in circulation, let's deal with reality. If in whatever great country you come from, there was a firearm in circulation for every man, woman and child, and criminally insane freaks we're shooting up schoosl , what would be the first thing to stop them would you do? And what great country are you from by the way?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

What I'm worried about is the government making the doctors report you if you're taking medicine that would affect your moods & then the government takes your guns & you'll be on the government list & you wouldn't  be allowed to own guns ever again. Gun owners won't go to doctors or get mental help is they need it.

I agree 100%, that's why only the sickest of the mentally ill will be denied access. Those who don't outwardly show signs of mental illness, or are loners, which a lot of people with problems are, or like you said, gun owners won't get the treatment they need. That leaves a lot of crazy people out there

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi Maturin, it's kinda obvious you hate the U.S., the situation with guns here is what it is, so lets not say how smart or not it is to have this many guns in circulation, let's deal with reality. If in whatever great country you come from, there was a firearm in circulation for every man, woman and child, and criminally insane freaks we're shooting up schoosl , what would be the first thing to stop them would you do? And what great country are you from by the way?

maturin is too busy watching the migrants raping & molesting the women in his country

4 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

I agree 100%, that's why only the sickest of the mentally ill will be denied access. Those who don't outwardly show signs of mental illness, or are loners, which a lot of people with problems are, or like you said, gun owners won't get the treatment they need. That leaves a lot of crazy people out there

The ones that need the most help will avoid the doctors is they think they'll lose their GOD given rights to protect their family

37 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

I'm 100% for getting help for mentally ill people, and if diagnosed, restricting their access to firearms. But that never going to be enough, it's just another law, words written on a piece of paper, and criminals can get around or break any law that's ever been enacted. And it will take years to get anything up and running to get laws written, get them passed, then set up a system that can identify and keep track of these individuals, then there will be the endless appeals process, ;lawyers will get rich, and kids maybe will be safer, but not safe enough I'm afraid.

If what you say is true, there would be no crimes involving a firearm in the state of California or the cities of Chicago or New York. Gun laws in these jurisdictions only affect law abiding people. Bad guys will get guns. Bad guys will get ammo for the guns. Whether through open borders (i.e. Mexico), gangs or other means. These strict gun laws in California have been around for over 25 years and crimes involving firearms (including murders) continue to rise.  Yes, they keep going up, UP and UP!

A few years ago the L.A.P.D. (and the state of California) tried masking the increase in firearm crimes buy categorizing some crimes as misdemeanors (and not felonies).  LAPD bent a little bit under public pressure but the state of California (starting with the governor) continuously DECREASES the punishments for using a firearm in a crime. Several actions that were classified as felonies have turned into misdemeanors. Felons are getting early release from prison -  Why???  Because of prison over-crowding.  Instead of building more prisons (it's been 25+ years since the last state prison was built yet the state's population has increased 7.6 million during that time).  Politicians have to address the ROOT of the problem(s). Not manipulate a solution that adversely affects society (or until a politician's term expires).

Written laws regarding firearms only affect good guys.  You want to solve a problem?? Go to the root of the problem.  Can't afford to pay rent next month??  Don't commit a crime - get a job (or further your education for a better paying job).  Yea, sounds basic and simple but you get my jest.  I go back to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  If it was addressed 60+ years ago why the Palestinians feel they have a claim to Israeli land, there would be no issue. These Palestinians, who were kicked out of Libya, Syria, etc because they were poor and uneducated (and a burden on their country's economy), would be back in their homeland contributing towards their country's economy. The world (UN) turned the other way and basically said 'its not my problem.  Same basic reason why the Holocaust occurred. 

It's the ROOT of the problem that must be addressed.  Everything else is either a band-aid, set to appease ignorant voters, or a stop-gap until a politician's term expires.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Howard said:

If what you say is true, there would be no crimes involving a firearm in the state of California or the cities of Chicago or New York. Gun laws in these jurisdictions only affect law abiding people. Bad guys will get guns. Bad guys will get ammo for the guns. Whether through open borders (i.e. Mexico), gangs or other means. These strict gun laws in California have been around for over 25 years and crimes involving firearms (including murders) continue to rise.  Yes, they keep going up, UP and UP!

A few years ago the L.A.P.D. (and the state of California) tried masking the increase in firearm crimes buy categorizing some crimes as misdemeanors (and not felonies).  LAPD bent a little bit under public pressure but the state of California (starting with the governor) continuously DECREASES the punishments for using a firearm in a crime. Several actions that were classified as felonies have turned into misdemeanors. Felons are getting early release from prison -  Why???  Because of prison over-crowding.  Instead of building more prisons (it's been 25+ years since the last state prison was built yet the state's population has increased 7.6 million during that time).  Politicians have to address the ROOT of the problem(s). Not manipulate a solution that adversely affects society (or until a politician's term expires).

Written laws regarding firearms only affect good guys.  You want to solve a problem?? Go to the root of the problem.  Can't afford to pay rent next month??  Don't commit a crime - get a job (or further your education for a better paying job).  Yea, sounds basic and simple but you get my jest.  I go back to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  If it was addressed 60+ years ago why the Palestinians feel they have a claim to Israeli land, there would be no issue. These Palestinians, who were kicked out of Libya, Syria, etc because they were poor and uneducated (and a burden on their country's economy), would be back in their homeland contributing towards their country's economy. The world (UN) turned the other way and basically said 'its not my problem.  Same basic reason why the Holocaust occurred. 

It's the ROOT of the problem that must be addressed.  Everything else is either a band-aid, set to appease ignorant voters, or a stop-gap until a politician's term expires.

Howard half the people in our country have no common sense, they wouldn't be able to survive without welfare, we need the death penalty on all 50 states & criminals need to do hard labor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPYING 1 said:

Howard half the people in our country have no common sense, they wouldn't be able to survive without welfare, we need the death penalty on all 50 states & criminals need to do hard labor.

Bring back the Lash. Once people get 50 Lashes, they'll think twice before committing another crime. For Murderers Death Sentence right after the Trial if found Guilty. No sitting on Death Row for 15 or 20 Years receiving 3 Square Meals a Day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Bring back the Lash. Once people get 50 Lashes, they'll think twice before committing another crime. For Murderers Death Sentence right after the Trial if found Guilty. No sitting on Death Row for 15 or 20 Years receiving 3 Square Meals a Day.

That will stop murders, if not at least there won't be a repeat offender !!

• Like 2

That should take care of the 19 year old first offender that shot up the school last week. :dodgy:

3 hours ago, Howard said:

Can you read Howard? Heres a quote from my post ,"But that never going to be enough, it's just another law, words written on a piece of paper, and criminals can get around or break any law that's ever been enacted." So going this route will stop some crazy people. If youve been reading my posts, Im advocating for armed security and/or teachers onsite as the only solution that will have an immediate effect. I basically agree with most of what you said in your post. Here was my post from the day of the shooting,."
We should first agree that more gun laws won't stop these massacres. That asshole Lanza in Sandy Hook killed his Mom, stole her guns, took them out on the street without a carry permit, took them on school property, broke in to the school, and massacred all those kids and teachers. There's six laws right there broken, and they didn;'t stop this Piece of shit. Laws are not made to stop crime, they're made to punish those who commit crimes we as a people have deemed to be unacceptable as a society. I've been watching tv on and off tonight, and it's the same old shit  from our useless Congress,  "we need to do something", but nobody has any original ideas what to do. If someone has one, please post it on here, I'd love to hear anything that would stop even one of these mass killings. I keep hearing that the United States has more gun deaths than any other countries. The reality is, we have I keep reading 300 million firearms in circulation in this country. That's the reason we have more deaths by firearms than any other country. I'll only give my ideas here of what can be done to protect kids and teachers in schools, and that is to have someone armed  in every school. I can hear the OMG'S right now , " yeah right, we need more guns to solve the problem"!  No, we need guns in the hands of highly capable men and women who are ex military, retired law enforcement, and anyone who can pass a highly stringent safety course, and a practice range accuracy test to get the job. Of course the arguments against this plan would be, "suppose he leaves his pistol in his desk and some kid finds it"?  Or, "what if he drops it, and it goes off and kills someone"? Or this one, " well now you're gonna have crossfire and some kid might be killed by the very people that are protecting them. Any gun owner knows how ridiculous and uninformed  these arguments are. I own 2 pistols and there is zero chance of anyone accidentaly being shot by me because I've been handling firearms starting with my Dad, when i was a teen, and he taight me how to safely handle with safety always the first priority, and fire them. and I go to a gun shop with a range near me once or twice a week . I'm not going to hope I don't get attacked by some asshole, and then wait for someone to come and save me. And we shouldn't put our kids and teachers in that situation, have an attack, and have terrified kids hiding under desks with lives ruined and families devastated. Having a responsible person keeping the school safe from these maniacs, is the only thing that can be done quickly and keep the massacres from happening way way down. The best thing a crazed freak likes to see is a sign that says, " gun free zone". Thats an invitation to these freaks.There actually could be a law that could help, identify people like this crazed POS and  get them help or get them off the street before they go off the deep end. I'm here crying this morning seeing the anguish these families have to go through because we didn't do enough to protect children in this country some of the families are having funerals for their teenage children, and it's heartbreaking and their lives will never be the same. We need to stop with the bullshit we need to do something other than  the whole idea being limiting law abiding citizens access to firearms. We have 300 million firearms in circulation, If someone wants to get a gun they will, and no law will stop them, Criminals don't obey laws!! We need to wake the fuck up and protect our kids!

• Like 2

Did you see there was a guy that just executed in Ohio, on death row for 25 years! I'm more and more against the death penalty because i think its an easy way out . Put this kid behind bars for 50 years, thats a worse punishment than a lethal injection that they have in Fla