B4 Girls on vacation - General Topic June 2018 #3

2 hours ago, happyone said:

I guess self esteem was the wrong word, she has accomplished a lot in her life--great in school, career, lots of close friends and family, marriage, and a child just to name a few.

Body image would have been the correct word to use. I just ignore Harley, because he has always been terrible in way he attacks other people, their ideas and their feelings before he thinks and tries make others as miserable as himself.   It is really sad that he would attack someone's family and parenting skills without really knowing anything about it.

This was posted before I read his last post above. But kind of like in a court of law after the damage is done, the judge says "disregard the last statement".  Some things cannot be forgotten under the guise of an apology.

Hi happy, and i should have body and/or self esteem issues. She sounds like a wonderful daughter. I had body issues when i was younger, so many women do, fortunately I didn't have the money to do anything about it, now I could care less. I have a man who loves me the way I am, and I'm in good shape. It's society  and their view of how a woman should look that make women have these issues. But look who the guys love on here, beautiful full figured women.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, happyone said:

I guess self esteem was the wrong word, she has accomplished a lot in her life--great in school, career, lots of close friends and family, marriage, and a child just to name a few.

Body image would have been the correct word to use. I just ignore Harley, because he has always been terrible in way he attacks other people, their ideas and their feelings before he thinks and tries make others as miserable as himself.   It is really sad that he would attack someone's family and parenting skills without really knowing anything about it.

This was posted before I read his last post above. But kind of like in a court of law after the damage is done, the judge says "disregard the last statement".  Some things cannot be forgotten under the guise of an apology.

Just to defend myself here and I don't care if you accept my apology or not.  I've seen you personally attack me and others on numerous occasions on this forum so don't try to come off looking like a saint in all of this!

You are the one that chose to bring up your daughters issues on a public forum for the whole world to see and critique, not me!  I just said what others were probably thinking because that is who I am.  It was pointed out to me that I might have been a little harsh and I apologized for it.  You can either accept my apology or not accept it, that's up to you!!

• Like 1