Leora & Paul General Chat Topic December 2018 #8

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

That means she'll be on her Period for Happy New Year!

Should call you Ray, Ray of sunshine.... grrrr thanks for the news

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Wanna Trade Weather.  We're at -10C

Here's a true fact, I've never seen snow. Apart from a few mountains in winter, we aren't cold enough. Most Christmas days are 30C +

23 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

Good god man, I think our winter only got down to 3C this year.

Winter has not fully begun here yet, no snow to make it Official..  When it gets to between -30C to -40C then I start wearing heavier clothing when going outdoors.. I don't mind the bitter cold it prevents any snow form falling or coming in off the lakes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Winter has not fully begun here yet, no snow to make it Official..  When it gets to between -30C to -40C then I start wearing heavier clothing when going outdoors.. I don't mind the bitter cold it prevents any snow form falling or coming in off the lakes.

OMG, I have no idea how you put up with it. It so warm here I have fewer clothes on than Leora.

• Upvote 1

My theory is that Leora would settle into Australian life beautifully. Warm weather, plenty of animal shelters there's a Koala shelter that's looking for help. Lots of work for Paul to set up an iPhone repairer there's bugger all around. Also we Aussies need an RLC apartment. Win Win

15 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

This might sound like a silly question I've worked Siberia and it was -38C although very cold you can live with it because it's a dry cold is it the same in Alaska ?

In the UK -7 to -10C is unbearable because of the moisture in the atmosphere, and just for the record where she is it's only -29C today

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Newark52 said:

This might sound like a silly question I've worked Siberia and it was -38C although very cold you can live with it because it's a dry cold is it the same in Alaska ?

In the UK -7 to -10C is unbearable because of the moisture in the atmosphere, and just for the record where she is it's only -29C today

Gee wiz how do people in these places. Our biggest issue is bushfires in summer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

OMG, I have no idea how you put up with it. It so warm here I have fewer clothes on than Leora.

We have this kind of Weather every year.  I am almost 60 Years Old and Last Years Winter was the worst I have ever seen.  We had Ice Jams on the Rivers as high as the Pedestrian Bridges which is about 900cm from the River to the top of the Bridge.  Kind of Blows the Global Warming/Climate Change Theory all to hell.   :biggrin:

• Like 2