Darcie & Stifler (2019) Part #1

Il y a 1 heure, jabbath1987 a dit :

Nevertheless well done ... By the way is it only a problem for a native speakers to confuse the words poetry and pottery? 😉

Poetry,pottery?I'm sorry I'm confused.Question:Why does the text in a post sometimes change.It looks as though I have written a load of nonsense(that is up for debate).Clicking on the avatar shows you the real text.I know I am just demonstrating my lack of tech.skills.As for the poetry I assume you know about the novel The scarlet pimpernel.There was a poem about the novel and I merely quoted a famous few lines from it.I worked as a delivery driver as part of a large team that covered Edinburgh and parts of Scotland and as you would expect some drivers would disappear and dodge there duties and that's when we would Quote that verse.In other words where is that lazy workshy bastard hiding.I hope I am not insulting your intelligence and that you know of this novel.?

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bonaly said:

Poetry,pottery?I'm sorry I'm confused.Question:Why does the text in a post sometimes change.It looks as though I have written a load of nonsense(that is up for debate).Clicking on the avatar shows you the real text.I know I am just demonstrating my lack of tech.skills.As for the poetry I assume you know about the novel The scarlet pimpernel.There was a poem about the novel and I merely quoted a famous few lines from it.I worked as a delivery driver as part of a large team that covered Edinburgh and parts of Scotland and as you would expect some drivers would disappear and dodge there duties and that's when we would Quote that verse.In other words where is that lazy workshy bastard hiding.I hope I am not insulting your intelligence and that you know of this novel.?

Not at all. Can you solve a very big secret for me: How do you pronounce Edinburgh? Like Edin + bra or like Edin + borough ? I heard so much opinions about that...

il y a 4 minutes, jabbath1987 a dit :

Not at all. Can you solve a very big secret for me: How do you pronounce Edinburgh? Like Edin + bra or like Edin + borough ? I heard so much opinions about that...

Right here we go.Edinburu.Edin is how you see it,burgh is buru.You might be interested to know that Edinburgh is also known as Auld Reekie.Auld Is old and reekie is an old Scottish word for smelly.The reason for this name is because in olden times everyone had coal fires(no smokeless fuel back then) and on a windless day there would be a huge pall of smoke over the city obviously more so in winter hence Auld Reekie.Hope that helps.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bonaly said:

Right here we go.Edinburu.Edin is how you see it,burgh is buru.You might be interested to know that Edinburgh is also known as Auld Reekie.Auld Is old and reekie is an old Scottish word for smelly.The reason for this name is because in olden times everyone had coal fires(no smokeless fuel back then) and on a windless day there would be a huge pall of smoke over the city obviously more so in winter hence Auld Reekie.Hope that helps.

Thanks very much. Auld Reekie sounds funny. I only knew the word "Auld" from the song "Auld Lang Syne" till now 😉

• Like 1